Mayones guitars?

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by misingonestring, Feb 1, 2010.

1. misingonestring

misingonestring Irrelevant Name

I just heard of this Polish company, they have 3 7 string model guitars that arn't signature models (I'm not particularly interested cause I'm broke and they have literally no dealers in the US so I have no idea on pricing but I expect them to be nowhere near cheap) any of you guys on here have played or owned on of them.

Regius 7

Setius GTM 7

Setius PRO 7

They apparently have options other then EMGs for passive fans.

2. Metaljim

Metaljim SS.org Regular

I own a Setius GTM 6. Great playing guitar, it's my main. Best fretwork I've seen. Sounds great too.

3. JeffFromMtl

JeffFromMtl Уродливый, но честны

If I recall correctly, Nergal from Behemoth used to play Mayones guitars. I think this was around the time of Zos Kia Kultus.

4. pink freud

pink freud SS.org Regular

If I remember right they are in the $3K area. Not cheap, but definitely an alternative to the more common high-end guitars.

5. Fred the Shred

Fred the Shred Shrederick

I pwn a Setius 7. They do give you quite a bit of options regarding pickups and all that, but they are quite expensive. These are high end instruments and will not be cheap in the US. As far as playability and sound are concerned, however, they are impecable instruments. Here's a couple shots of mine:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. headibanez

headibanez SS.org Regular

these are nice, almost the quality of a higher end prs in a 7, fred the shred should make a video so we can hear this bad boy

7. audibleE

audibleE SS.org Regular

These look fantastic and are very expensive. I can only dream.

8. Fred the Shred

Fred the Shred usually hangs out in the LiveInstrumentalists channel on camfrog, and you do get to listen to this and plenty other bad boys without having your audio mercilessly compressed by YouTube, and you do get to speak to the people playing the instruments. ;)

Honestly, I do play every 7 and 8 I own there, hanging with a lot of cool people, quite a few of them from SS.org, so feel free to join us there. :)

EDIT: here's the thread about camfrog and all that - http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/the-lounge/106803-possible-audio-video-ss-jam-room.html

9. misingonestring

As I thought.:wag:

10. trippled

trippled SS.org Regular

Actually they quoted me for getting a setius pro 7 direct from the factory for 1600 euro,
    which isnt anywhere near 3K, I'll have the money in a few months and I'm kind of thinking between this and a carvin - the carvin would be 600$ cheaper and I spec'd a spalted maple one).

It's weird cause mayones always got good and bad reviews from different people,
    it always seemed to me like there isnt really a definite opinion about them.

11. misingonestring

Well I'm guessing that because they don't have to fly too far from Poland to Israel.

12. Dwellingers

Dwellingers SS.org Regular

The Also make som real nice basses - wanting to play one for years. the Guys form Pain of Salvation is sponsored by Mayones i think - the play 7 strings and the bassist has a mayones bass also...

13. sol niger 333

sol niger 333 I like stuff

14. Minoin

Minoin Scientist

I played almost all of the Mayones' and my brother has a custom made Commodous 6 bassguitar. They are incredible, seriously well made with the most beautiful woods i've seen. They don't come cheap; the Commodous was 2500 euro, so about 3500 $.
    Believe me, the pictures on the site don't do them justice, some wood almost look 3D

15. etiam

etiam SS.org Regular

I've been keeping an eye on these as well. They have some really attractive options and a pretty pleasing look, overall, aside maybe from the questionable headstock (not quite into Caparison territory, though). One thing I'm concerned about is scale length--do they make any longer than 25.4"?

16. bluffalo

bluffalo SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

its fkn sexy, I can tell you that. Not cheap. But its great.

17. Fred the Shred

Care to elaborate on the sketchy part? Are you saying this from an aesthetic or functional point of view?

18. sol niger 333

sol niger 333 I like stuff

Yeah more aesthetics than anything. Bolt on neck joints look cheap to me for some reason. I've had good tonal results from bolt on necks but it's tough to make em look good.

19. Fred the Shred

Well, I tend to like them when they don't kill the guitar's aesthetics with weird protuding blocks you can see from the front, as in some 60's guitars. Soundwise, however, they do have some great virtues to them and complement my neck-thru / set-in neck arsenal admirably, actually making for the bulk of my collection these days. :)

On an unrelated note, do bare in mind a Setius costs EUR 1600 prior to S&H, while the Regius has a EUR 2400 (or had, at least) price tag in the same conditions. It is a far more expensive instrument than the Setius.

20. Neuroticapills

Neuroticapills SS.org Regular

A small town in the east of The Netherlands
    I have a 7 string Mayones, great guitar! The Seymour Duncans are going to be swapped though, not my cup of tea. Excellent fretwork and altogether quality is very high. 1400 euro's. Not cheap, but my favorite axe so far!