Lundgren Black Heaven

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by sonoftheoldnorth, Jul 7, 2018.

1. sonoftheoldnorth

sonoftheoldnorth SS.org Regular

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. Apologies if there is already a thread, but I couldn't find it.

The Lundgren M series is often talked about and I'm very familiar with the pickup, but nobody seems to have mentioned the new Black Heaven pickups. Lundgren claims they are more organic than the M series and have a wider frequency response, which sounds great. Does anyone have any experience of the pickup? Particularly in a 7 format.

Cheers.

2. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

I’m also interested in this one, I’d love to hear someone compare them to the M series, the M7 is my favourite seven string pickup

3. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire grossly incandescent

talk to zimbloth (aka nick from axe palace).
    he's the only person that i know has tried em

4. FitRocker33

FitRocker33 My tone is tighter than my hamstrings

I’m also curious about this one. The YT videos I was able to find were either scarce or sounded badly done.

5. Glades

Glades Down in the Everglades

Interested in these too.

technomancer and KailM like this.
  6. Emperoff

Emperoff Hasta la vista, Baby Contributor

I contacted him to get a set before getting swamped with a lot of unexpected expenses... Here's what he said (about the alnico version):

I really love the alnico Black Heavens. These SMOKE the Sentient/Pegasus. Those, like most Duncans, are very bland and murky. I like the JB/Jazz a lot better even. The Black Heavens are much more articulate and responsive, yet still rich and powerful.
    The Black Heavens would be like if you mixed the clarity of the Aftermath, but without the harsh highs and compressed feel, and infused some of the warmth of a good alnico pickup like the BKP Nailbomb/Holydiver. But again its really its own thing. Worth a try for sure!

Now, Lundgren master race, you peasants!

Flappydoodle likes this.
  7. Zender

Zender Tinkering, please hold.

Id love to compare these to a set of black winters and some bkp juggernauts.
    (Still on the fence about getting one of those two sets for my sevenstring... and now this comes along, damnit.)