Line 6 and external Loopers

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Geysd, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Geysd

Geysd SS.org Regular

Hey Folks,

I've a big problem at the moment.

I have a Line 6 POD X3 Live and a Digitech Jamman Solo (not XT!).
    I thought it would work fine by just putting the looper in the FX-Loop of the POD, but I was wrong.

But that's not the only thing. I thought about selling the stuff and buy new equip.

At the moment I have two options open:

1. Buy a POD HD500X
    or
    2. Buy an Amplifi (TT or 75).

The new POD is pretty expensive (Student without Job, so yeah) and I have to bend down to control it (Pod Pro Rack Version is way too expensive and don't want Rack). But it has a Looper inside and I have good experiences with my POD.

The Amplifi can be used for streaming music, controlled by handy/tablet, but don't has a looper and I guess I'll have the same problems with it like I got with the X3 Live.

Okay to cut a long story short, what can I do?
    Everything I want is a modeller and a looper.

Can anyone tell me how the X3 Live works with the Jamman Solo, or how I could use it with the amplifi? Or do you know better ways to solve my problems?

2. Zeno

Zeno SZ Hunter

How are you running the POD? If you're plugging into a PA speaker or something, then just place the looper between the two. Loopers always work best at the very end of your signal chain, right before the speakers

3. celticelk

celticelk Enflamed with prayer

What didn't work well with the looper combined with the X3? Knowing that would help to make suggestions about possible solutions.

4. Axewield31

Axewield31 SS.org Regular

I think you've put the looper in the effects loop of the Pod and don't have an effects loop included in the patch you're using on the Pod. That means theres no signal going out the FX send so the looper isn't recording anything. I haven't used the X3, so this might be total rubbish and I only have very limited experience with the HD series but there should be some way you can add an FX loop in your patch. Put it last in your chain and you should be fine.
    Or yeah, if you're running into a PA speaker or something like that put the looper between the Pod and the speaker.

5. Geysd

Geysd SS.org Regular

Hey thanks for the answers so far! I got no PA and no amp at the moment.
    Just my POD, the Looper and a Headphone directly out of the POD.

I used it in the FX-Loop (it worked, but not good, changed the tone, and the real sound drowned the loop out while playing).
    I tried it before headphones, but it clipped way too hard and I tried it before the POD (Guitar > Looper > POD > Headphone) which is surprisingly the best way because it alters the sound the less. But with this way (or in the FX-Loop) I can only record with one sound, because when I change the sound, it changes the FX-Loop. I would need a global FX-Loop.

But the X3 Live is pretty old (got it for about 6 or 7 years now?), so I thought they worked on that and the amplifi could handle it.

I wish I could control the POD HD500X over Tablet... I know the Firehawk can, but it hasn't a Looper :D Man why is this so hard?