Kiesel ZEUS Bolt on headless waaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by MrHelloGuitar, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

If the bevel was orange and the top was the blue, this would look sick, or the top all orange or top all blue and leave bevel natural, so close to being nice, although I'm still not a fan of the guitars, just that blue quilt looks sharp.

2. r3tr0sp3ct1v3

r3tr0sp3ct1v3 Grey

That is why I call in my orders. So much easier to spec out. So much easier. Also being able to pay via paypal is more convenient and it doesn't autocharge your card when the build i finished.

Yeah I am a fan of some pretty "different" things but not a fan of this. I think this is less a show of craziness but more to show off the skill behind their finishes.

That new graphite finish though! That thing is hot. They have a new tropical finish I like too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2018
  3. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Indeed. I've got a good handle on the orange because I think they've used that special color before, but the blue one, I don' t know...I can't get a read on what it actually looks like because the camera's flash is shining right back into the camera lense.

4. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire gearwhoricus americanus

[​IMG]
    I think I hate this more than the blue/orange sparkle one. Trans white top and barn door body. Seriously, if they'd done this with a black body it'd look quite nice. hell, black goes with pretty much everything.

chewpac and Hollowway like this.
  5. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

Huh... I personally really like this. But I'm also in the minority of liking the white with white burst. I know a lot of users here don't like the white.

6. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

I think i would love this guitar...if you just cut the entire beloved part away.

7. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

I don't mind the white one... and the more I see of these the more I think they look better with a different colored top and body.

If you meant beveled I think that's more or less a Holdsworth :lol:

Albake21 likes this.
  8. Bdtunn

Bdtunn SS.org Regular

It looks like a larger guitar is behind it.

bloc, Nlelith, mphsc and 1 other person like this.
  9. Randy

Randy ROOMFORYOUROOMFORYOUROOMFORYOU Super Moderator

Jeff Kiesel and I just have to be on polar opposite sides of the taste spectrum. I don't mind contrasting elements when used in specific, limited circumstances but it seems like his 'go-to' are this insane clashing color schemes with abrupt starts/stops between them. I mean, bravo if he digs it and he has customers that do but I personally think this has evolved to the point of being the identity of Kiesel Guitars (contrasting colors and bevels on everything), when the market for those kinds of things seems limited.

Hollowway likes this.
  10. Albake21

I feel like a lot of people are missing the point here. Of course they are going to post these crazy looking builds. Not only will it attract attention, but I know a lot of people don't want to see the 100th black guitar again. That's the whole point of their social media. Doesn't mean they are the norm for actual production.

11. KnightBrolaire

exactly. Most of the stuff they post in their guitar of the day multiposts on FB are pretty nice/tasteful. The only time I see horrible finishes is when jeff is building shit for fun/NAMM. I'd swear he does it specifically to troll people lol

12. Albake21

I think he does it because simply... he can. He also knows that someone will buy it no matter how crazy it is. I know personally I love seeing the crazy shit he makes. I wouldn't ever buy one, but they are still cool to see and it helps me on deciding what I like and don't like.

13. KnightBrolaire

[​IMG]
    I like this one.

Mathemagician likes this.
  14. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Well, I think he could make the point of what cool things could be done WITHOUT making it hideous. Look what Skervesen is doing, for instance. Or Padalka, or any of the other guys doing cool color combos, bursts, and bevels. I just think Kiesel doesn’t have the eye of an artist, and they try to copy cool ideas, but no one there is an actual designer.

xzacx likes this.
  15. KnightBrolaire

skervesen has done more than their fair share of ugly poplar topped guitars, though I do like the outlines and bevels on their guitars way more.

Hollowway likes this.
  16. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

True. But that’s like saying Michael Jordan missed some shots, vs. me playing basketball. :lol:
    John Cage used to compose music where he actively attempted to avoid any sense of tonality. And it turned out to be really difficult, because tonality can appear to show up almost randomly. Jeff has the same gift with specs. It takes a lot of talent to find that many combinations that DON’T work together. :lol:

In all reality, my tastes are pretty out there, and I probably like more combos than not, so I’m not really against Kiesel for that reason. My main beef with these guitars is the actual designs. I kinda dig some of the crazy combos!

17. xzacx

xzacx SS.org Regular

This sums up my thoughts exactly, and helps explain why so much of what they do doesn't look quite right.

18. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

I missed several thousand fewer free-throws than Wilt Chamberlain. :rofl:

I was working on an office build-out job where someone was laying carpet. The carpet tiles were ordered as 98% of them being gray and 2% of them were red. They told the carpet guy to randomize the 2% red tiles around. After he spend a couple hours "ramdomly" placing the red tiles, it turns out that by trying to be purposefully random, he actually generated a pattern that we could all see. He had to go back and move tiles around. :wallbash:

19. wannabguitarist

wannabguitarist Contributor

I'm definitely in the minority here, but other than their Blackmachine clones Skervs are generally worse than Kiesels :lol:

20. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

I thought I was the only one that hated most of their designs :lol: