Kiesel --- Never Again!

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by MetalHead40, Mar 7, 2017.

1. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

mesa's not really the greatest example of what you should be doing though. randalls done tons of questionable and wtf stuff before.
    the difference is that they for the most part run a tight ship and put out products that are tested and mostly good.

Ebony likes this.
  2. MatiasTolkki

MatiasTolkki Burn In Agony

i agree completely. They take even constructive criticism as trollish BS, and that airhead at the top doesn't want his poor ego hurt.

3. Snarpaasi

Snarpaasi SS.org Regular

Just saying if you want to get respect, you'll get the least of it by saying "Show some respect" :D

Dafuq?

Picked up today my 2010 DC127 from a luthier that filed fret ends exceptionally well, changed nut and widened TOM recess for ABM brass bridge. Damn it plays well!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    MatiasTolkki likes this.
  4. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

I think that 90% of the problem here is that Jeff Kiesel treats his customers like he's their trailer park stepdad. If you just bring him a couple of cold PBRs, don't mess with the remote, and don't expect anything too much of him, he treats you pretty well, but as soon as you expect anything requiring effort from him, all he does is berate you for not "showing [him] some respect," then kicks you out of the family.

5. MatiasTolkki

Well I do have one minor complaint about the QC there, and that's the shoddy input jacks they use. I had to replace my JB200's with a switchcraft last year because it had a crappy connection. Works WAY better now.

6. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

I'm completely unaware, then of the public facebook page. I saw it posted on the group I posted (which is different than the Kiesel page), and there were a couple hundred replies, so I assumed that was the one you meant since it was deleted and people were banned there.

Hollowway likes this.
  7. MatiasTolkki

So it seems that Jeff in his infinite wisdom somehow told the webpage guys to put multiscale Holdsworth and Berylliums on the builder, but forced a KieselBBS regular to wait TWO MONTHS to be told that it isn't happening.

8. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

Do you just stalk Kiesel's site and social medias all day just to look and point out every mistake? I get that Kiesel has it's flaws, but my god dude, you by far have the most posts on this thread and you aren't even the original poster... You really need to let it go and enjoy your Ibanez's

9. Cynicanal

Cynicanal SS.org Regular

In fairness, letting someone order a pickup set that you have no intention of making and then just taking their money for 2 months until they ask to call you where the pickups are is really crappy.

10. Andrew Lloyd Webber

Andrew Lloyd Webber Enjoyed by 4 out of 5

The messenger isn’t the message. Just pretend I shared it:

Hello fellow retards. Being a longtime parishioner of the former CarvinBBS, it may interest those of you who frequent this particular thread to know that an unhappy customer recently published an accounting of how he was informed, following a two month wait since the initial order deposit, that his multiscale Holdsworth with multiscale Beryllium pickups was never going to offered in a production capacity. One wonders why they were listed as options in the online order form in the first place. Kiesel, you foible-biscuit - you’ve done it again!

MatiasTolkki, Matt08642 and The906 like this.
  11. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

I don't see why you're taking things in here so personally.

No one is judging you for buying a Kiesel, or loving it. We're not all sitting here going "Jeez, look at that Albake21 dude. He owns a Kiesel he likes. Gross."

No one cares. At all.

If you don't care about legitimate issues, and it bothers you when people bring them up, ignore the thread.

Do you think you owe Kiesel the defense for some reason?

Does Matias rag on Kiesel hard? Yeah. But he has every right to do so. His experience wasn't as rosey as your own. He's not putting you down though.

I get it. We take a lot of pride in what we buy, but don't take it so seriously. Especially on the internet.

Jonathan20022 likes this.
  12. Albake21

The point of this thread (at least what it turned into) was for others to share their bad Kiesel customer experience with SSO. Matias has shared his story with us. There's a difference between talking about bad experiences with Kiesel and just making it an all out witch hunt. I'm here, and like most, to talk about everyone's own experience with Kiesel. It's hard to do this when Matias just shits on literally everything Kiesel.

I'm not a Kiesel fanboy by any means, I've only ever owned two (only one being my own custom) so I'm not trying to defend them by any means. It just gets annoying after while seeing the same Ibanez fanboy just absolutely tearing into someones company over and over and over again. It gets old... just my two cents.

NickS likes this.
  13. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

So ignore him. Problem solved.

Though, to be fair, the post you most recently quoted seems to fit in this thread just fine, don't you think?

theicon2125 likes this.
  14. ElRay

ElRay Mostly Harmless

/thread

MatiasTolkki likes this.
  15. ElRay

ElRay Mostly Harmless

That's 99.999999% of it -- a variation of "cork sniffery". If somebody is bad-mouthing something, a lot of folks that own that same something, feel the specific item they own is somehow reduced in value, or they feel like they made a mistake.

AxeHappy likes this.
  16. Albake21

Yeah.... I guess I'm part of that .000000001% then because I have a lot of bad shit to say about Kiesel and that's why I'm subbed to this thread. It's also the reason why I didn't end up ordering a custom from them a month ago. I'm here to discuss like civil human beings, not witch hunt Jeff.

Hollowway likes this.
  17. chipchappy

chipchappy SS.org Regular

Not really a witch hunt if the dude just does a lot of mean/dishonest stuff, is it?

18. MatiasTolkki

ummm, no I don't. i just stopped by there to read what's going on, saw the beryllium pup thread and wanted to see what people were saying about them. Turns out I found more bs and thought I'd share, That's all.

AxeHappy and ArtDecade like this.
  19. ArtDecade

ArtDecade Unhindered by Talent

Jeff turned me into a newt.
    I got better.

Edika, ElRay, Alberto7 and 5 others like this.
  20. Andrew Lloyd Webber

Andrew Lloyd Webber Enjoyed by 4 out of 5

So...what you’re saying is...If he weighs the same as a duck...then he’s made of wood?

It would explain some things.

Edika, cwhitey2, Lemons and 8 others like this.