Just got a Line 6 UX2, need help

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Lucas_061287, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Lucas_061287

Lucas_061287 SS.org Regular

Okay, so this is my 2nd UX2. I had one a few years back when they were still red and came with GearBox and Ableton Live Lite 5. This one came with PodFarm and Ableton Live Lite 7.

I installed both disks, but for some reason I'm getting ZERO sound from the computer, and I set it up to do so. Not only that, but the Pod Farm shows that my guitar is transmitting the sound, but when I hit "Record" in Live Lite 7, I get nothing. I'm scratching my head here BIG TIME, and need help ASAP.

EDIT: It also came with "Riffworks" software and "Propellerhead Reason Adapted Ver4" software. Do I need to install either for this to work?

Another weird thing- the computer's speakers don't work when the UX2 is plugged in to the USB port. WTF is going on???

2. Tree

Tree Bald Bear

If you're on a PC go to Control Panel and check the UX2's audio drivers (they should be ASIO UX2). Also check that you're using the ASIO UX2 as your output in your DAW.

3. steve1

steve1 SS.org Regular

Does the UX2 have a headphones socket? I have the GX and the default setting sends all sound from the computer through the GX headphones. I don't know how to change it. I guess you need to fiddle with the input and output settings in the software you're using.

4. Lucas_061287

Okay, this is what comes up when I check the audio drivers. I have no idea what I'm looking at though.

[​IMG]

5. Lucas_061287

Yes, it has a headphone socket, but I have no 1/4" phones, therefore I have no clue if I can even hear sound through the UX2 itself. The thing that really confuses me is that the recording software doesn't pick up sound.

6. Tree

Tree Bald Bear

Have you installed the Line 6 Monkey? It should solve any driver issues you are having.

7. Lucas_061287

I just changed the drivers in Live Lite 7 to ASIO and ASIO UX2, respectively, and still nothing.

EDIT: I tried installing Line 6 Monkey, but nothing came up after the "Run/Save" box.

8. steve1

steve1 SS.org Regular

just opened up live lite 7 with my gx, this should work

in live lite 7 go to options---->preferences, click on audio, select driver type ASIO

in audio device select UX2

edit: ah, one step ahead of me!

9. steve1

steve1 SS.org Regular

I found live lite 7 to be confusing, i downloaded reaper instead.

You could try it through riffworks. its a simple progam for recording loops and sticking them together, more for recording ideas than anything else.

10. Lucas_061287

I'm considering giving Riffworks a shot if this doesn't work. I finally got Line6 Monkey installed, registered my UX2, and got the free Pod Farm 2 update, which HOPEFULLY will provide me with the correct drivers and whatnot. Its downloading now, so I've got my fingers crossed. This shit has me pulling my hair out lol.

11. steve1

steve1 SS.org Regular

wow, i hadn't done this with my gx, i had no idea i could get podfarm2 and stuff :D

12. Lucas_061287

Well, everything is installed and updated, but get this- now I get no signal to my UX2 OR to PodFarm! WTF IS GOING ON???? I'm tempted to just take the whole setup- UX2, Laptop, and guitar- up to Guitar Center after work tomorrow to see if someone can get this shit figured out. I'm beginning to get unreasonably stressed over it.

13. Lucas_061287

Oh joy, now my actual UX2- the physical plug in interface itself- isn't working!!! The fucking thing just sits there with the two "Clip" lights blinking when I plug it in to the USB port. So close to just throwing this fucker in the garbage and counting my losses.

14. Tree

Tree Bald Bear

The UX2 can be finicky when so much is being changed. Unplug it and leave it unplugged for a while. Come back to it later and it should be working again.

Also, it's worth a shot signing up at the Line 6 forum (which is complete crap for anything but repairs/troubleshooting). :2c:

Lucas_061287 likes this.
  15. Lucas_061287

Tree- hey thanks for the info man. This has gotten to me big time for some reason lol. I'm gonna sleep on it and try again tomorrow. If it doesn't work out, I'll head to GC to see about getting someone to help me out with it. I really hope I can get it working one way or another though.

16. Lucas_061287

So I took the laptop and UX2 up to Guitar Center today to have a guy tinker with it. He knows what he's doing, but even he can't get this damn thing set up. I asked if it was the computer, but he said the computer is fine, its something jacked with the interface itself, so it looks I'm gonna have to call Line6 and see what the problem is. If they can't resolve it, I'll never buy another Line6 product. Period. This is bullshit.

17. steve1

steve1 SS.org Regular

That sucks, hope you get it resolved. Did you buy it new or 2nd hand?

18. Lucas_061287

19. steve1

steve1 SS.org Regular

Cool, in that case their shouldn't be any reason for them not to sort it out :)

20. Lucas_061287

I certainly hope you're right. Just posted on Line6's tech support so we'll see what they say.