The SuperErgoTele I didn't plan the Ergo part, but my router table had other ideas... 6 sting, 25.5" Black heart walnut body Black limba top Multi-lam wedge-maple-bubinga neck Maple board Probably hipshot style bridge and tuners, whatever I can snag for a good price. Starting with the neck lams, making 3 necks at the same time in a 5-piece style with loose-flame maple, bubinga and wenge. Man it's hard to get these things flat by hand! A jointer is definitely on my Xmas list. Gluing the last lam. Did these one at a time, haven't got the balls to glue all 5 at once: Flattened with a hand plane, then a sheet of 80 grit carpet-taped to a slab of kitchen top 'marble'. Only problem is I've made the centre strips too wide, so this might turn out interesting with just a bit of wenge visible at the nut. Ah well, I'll make the next lams thinner for the other necks. This might have to be an 8 string. First attempt at gluing a top together, after having these black limba planks pressed under a set of weights for several months: Seemed to go well! Roughed out the black heart walnut body leaving some screw mounts. Test-screwed the limba onto the walnut before gluing: Gluing went well, just a hairline or two on the upper side which I'll fill with dust and CA. On to the router table for shaping around the template (roughly copied from Joe Duplantier's Charvel, and 'supered' a bit on the upper horn.) Went well on the first pass! No tearout I'll just have another whip round for smoothness... Oops. I've made so many mistakes with guitar building now, that I no longer get that stomach churning after a balls-up. Gee, haven't I grown as a person? Just started to think about how to deal with it. First thought was to make a recessed cable input, but that didn't seem to fit the design. Just cut a chunk out and call it 'ergo' I'll bet that's how Ola Strandberg ended up with the Boden. Couple of beers and router accidents. Hmmm, actually think I like it... Quick planing to show the wood off, surprised to find a diagonal flame pattern. Nice! Took it outside to see the proper colours: Next job is to make a ferret slotting jig and cut the quilted maple I have lined up for the ferretboard. Think I'll do copper metal dots again, but drill the hole on the edge of the board so you get a semi-circle and a side square in one go. For the headstock - most likely 6-in-line, maybe influenced by the Moog guitar like the pic below (found on a build thread over at Ultimate Guitar forum): ^ build & pic by JenRG at Ultimate Guitar ^ Check out his builds here they are amazing.