Is Trump really gonna get there ?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by mongey, Mar 2, 2016.

1. CapnForsaggio

CapnForsaggio Cap'n (general)

I'm not tired of winning at all.

Obama and Lynch's Russian operative, let in (by special exemption) to entangle anyone in Trump's team, is a simple-minded diversion that only reinforces my choice last winter....

I do have to put up with an incessent stream of "progressive activity" in my state (OR), but I reassure myself easily:

'Gorsuch, and another, and ANOTHER. Then we get down to business!'

2. tedtan

tedtan SS.org Regular

Well that's certainly an interesting spin...

Why not just move to Montana (It's close)? Or any of the other traditioanlly red states (the southern states, Texas, parts of the mid west). Then you wouldn't have to put up with anything; you'd fit right in.

3. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

I mean, can you argue with that kind of logic?

4. CapnForsaggio

Some things are worth fighting for.

Syrians and leftists run from their problems.

5. CapnForsaggio

6. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

My take-away from that is that this woman was also a powerful lobbyist attempting to pander to several powerful GOP congressmen, but decided she could get her task done faster by colluding with Trump, instead. I'm not sure how that proves anyone's point about anything, except what we were all afraid of. :scratch:

7. CapnForsaggio

We would have to see why Lynch allowed her special entry....

Any bets on these documents having been "moved to the Obama Library and locked up for 5 years?"

If any of you think that maneuver is going to hold up, you're crazy.

We are going to get all the co-conspirators.

8. tedtan

tedtan SS.org Regular

When I read that article I understand it to say tha Veselnitskaya was allowed into the US in order to represent a client in a court case. From there, she proceeded to both 1) work outside the scope of work she was authorized to perform, and 2) stay in the US much longer than she was authorized to do.

How do you manage to twist that into "Obama and Lynch's Russian operative, let in (by special exemption) to entangle anyone in Trump's team, is a simple-minded diversion that only reinforces my choice last winter".

That's simply not supported by the article you referenced.

AxeHappy likes this.
  9. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    Ah, entrapment, right? They knew that Junior's buddy would relay an offer of collusion with a foreign government, and that Trump family was prone to criminal conspiracy.
    I think that will be a good idea.

Of course, by your conspiracist thinking, Clinton waited to reveal this plot until long after the election because... well, okay, your thinking is even less than a quarter baked on this. It's not even the Clintons or Obama who revealed this stuff, or who leaked Junior's emails to the New York Times.

The funniest part of watching crazy conspiracists do their thing is the need to keep expanding the claimed conspiracy in order to co-opt evryone into it. That unsustainable thinking is obvious to all but the deluded people who embrace those conspiracy theories.

10. Explorer

And now, it turns out there was also a former Soviet counterintelligence officer at the meeting with Trump Jr., Kushner and Manafort.

Well, at least this all explains why the Kremlin told the press that Donald Trump Jr. had already addressed this stuff. It's interesting to reread old news in that context.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...57ad17b4385_story.html?utm_term=.bcf40ef94516

And, of course, Trump Jr. had already said to the media, after his meeting in pursuit of collusion with the Russian government, that reports of Trump team members meeting with the Russians were just lies, and that such lies showed what little character someone had.

11. CapnForsaggio

You guys see "Russian Operatives" everywhere. But I am the conspiracy theorist.

Sure.

You guys would never be hoodwinked. You are too smart for that.

Mike likes this.
  12. narad

narad SS.org Regular

Ah, newsbusters. Sounds like a really fun site.

13. CapnForsaggio

I think that liberal "source elitism" is my least favorite aspect of the modern world.

It used to be that one had to actually make an argument against an alternative, before getting all bigotted and superior about it....

14. narad

narad SS.org Regular

Pfft, I'm afraid that was never the case. I like the double standard of dropping a source in here without any context or attempt to tie it into the larger discourse, and then criticizing comments that would dismiss it just as quickly. Wow, a political news program spending most of its time covering the news issue its viewers care the most about -- that's some crazy new liberal propaganda machine!

AxeHappy and Insomnia like this.
  15. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

You posted a link criticising a news source.

narad and AxeHappy like this.
  16. Explorer

Er... is it possible you're so challenged that you've forgotten Trump Jr. admitted to scheduling a meeting with a Russian operative?

If, instead, you're claiming Trump Jr. lied when so admitting, you're arguing against reality. That won't be a surprise, as many conservatives do so while trying to claim that they base their thinking on reason and evidence.

C'mon. At least pretend to be an adult when posting in the P&CE section. These drive-by comments with no support have no consistency with each other, and that's just laziness.

AxeHappy and zappatton2 like this.
  17. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Wait a second, are you arguing that this was an Obama-created plant, to see if the Trump campaign would fall for it? That Obama let her into the country specifically to pose as a Russian agent and contact Trump Jr about having incriminating info on Clinton? That the whole thing was a trap, basically, created by Obama, and she wasn't really a Russian agent?

I mean, one, that's pretty damned tenuous. :lol: Two, though, that doesn't make sense.

1) She was allowed to remain in the country on immigration parole from Oct 2015 until Jan 2016, because she was currently representing a Russian citizen testifying in a case in the United States. She then appears to have overstayed her visa. Either way, she had a legitimate reason to be there through at least January; here I'm citing the The Hill article you yourself shared.
    2) Say this whole thing was a trap. Two things follow from that:
    2.a) Why even bother using a Russian? Why not a Russian-American citizen with a Russian sounding name and accent? Why go through the trouble of making a special approval for a Russian agent to come into the country, if you were trying to be secretive, considering that would leave a paper trail?
    2.b.) None of this changes the story that, if it somehow was a trap, Donald Trump Jr. took the bait hook, line, and sinker. When presented with what he believed was a Russian operative possessing intelligence gathered by the Russian prosecutors as part of their attempt to influence the election, he excitedly set up a meeting.

Seriously - at this point, the shadowy "Russian Operatives" you say we're imagining are a proven fact; Trump Jr's own email he himself shared shows that he believed he was scheduling a meeting with a "russian attorney" passing along information provided by the "Crown prosecutor of Russia" as part of "Russia's support for Mr. Trump." Trump Jr. straight-up admitted he scheduled a meeting with agents he believed were passing along information directly from the Russian government. That's incontrovertible.

AxeHappy likes this.
  18. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Again, he's just trolling. He can't REALLY believe that this whole thing was an elaborate Obama-spun trap for the Trump campaign, and if somehow he did believe that, there's no denying that if somehow this was a trap, Don totally fell for it. :lol:

19. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

By the way, in just about exactly two months, we've gone from "there's no evidence of collusion," here:

...to "the meeting where the Trump Campaign tried to collude with Russia was a fake trap put together by the Obama administration," here:
    Let's just stop and acknowledged the amount of backpedaling Capn has already had to do to continue to make this argument that no collusion between Russia and the Trump camp - that he's no longer denying meetings between Russian agents representing the Russian government and Trump's senior campaign staff occurred, but it's now an Obama conspiracy, rather than a Trump one. As of yet we don't have hard evidence of anything more than the attempt to collude, but at the rate things are going one of the Trump kids ought to tweet that out any day now.

AxeHappy and jaxadam like this.