Is there a Jazzmaster bridge with roller saddles?

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by kindsage, Jan 9, 2018.

1. kindsage

kindsage SS.org Regular

So I just recently started wanting a Bass VI (thanks to someones NGD) and I'm thinking of just doing a warmoth build.

I came across all these replacement bridges for Jazz masters because the stock bridges/trems supposedly suck.

The Mastery trem looks awesome but, not the bridge.

Six roller saddles with individual height screws seems like the best option to me. Does anything like this exist?

2. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Unless you're down for the maintenance of roller saddles, grab some GraphTech replacement saddles for your given bridge.

Roller saddles, and thier cousin the roller nut, are great in theory, but they take constant cleaning and lubrication to work properly when on a guitar that sees regular use.

3. kindsage

kindsage SS.org Regular

I actually don't thing they make roller nuts that can take the size of string gauges I plan to put on so I'll have to settle for something else there.

As for cleaning a roller bridge I figure I could take off the bridge between string changes and blast it with brake cleaner to get rid of all the built up gunk. However, I don't know what proper lubrication would entail.

Also how quickly does graphtech wear out? I don't want my saddles and nut to be filed away in a years time.

4. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

I've had GraphTech saddles on a MIJ Strat for almost 10 years now. They're a little worn, but I haven't had to do anything with them. No tuning, buzzing of intonation issues whatsoever. I have them on a Les Paul with a Bigsby for three or four years, and also no issues. Never had a problem with the nuts either.

Granted, I don't go absolutely crazy with the trem on either of those guitars.

kindsage likes this.
  5. kindsage

kindsage SS.org Regular

Thanks for helping me out. I guess i’ll go with graphtech for the bridge saddles when the time comes