In the market for a 7

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by Wc707, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Wc707

Wc707 SS.org Regular

Hey all, I've been playing for the last 10 years on a schecter c6 blackjack [lots of metal and classic rock]. Looking to expand to a 7 to play more periphery. After the burial, and others.

I've looked through threads and online. I've tried these guitars where I could find them [45 mins away].

Jackson ht7fm misha sig $900

Ibanez prestige rg752 $1.5k

Ibanez RG iron label RGDIX7MPB 1k

And a lower priced jackson and Ibanez for comparison.

I did not like how the Ibanez felt or sounded, but was instantly drawn to the feel and play of mishas sig. Been scouring the threads and online for reviews and haven't seen anything bad. Through my looking though, I've become more confused on whether to buy an agile guitar and upgrade electronics or go with something else. I've never bought a guitar online, and have been out of buying any/what's new with guitars for 10 years.

Interested in a fixed bridge or hardtail. Price cap of 1300[buying an engagement ring in a month as well! But I have needs to haha]. I don't want another schecter [great guitar, but need something new] and a little hesitant to just buy willy nilly. Any suggestions? I've heard Indo guitars are hit or miss, and jackson qc isn't the best.

Thanks!

2. shredder3386

shredder3386 SS.org Regular

Personally, I would get the Ibanez RG752. Because it’s a prestige you’re quality and craftsmanship will most likely be a lot better (they are made in Japan). I can’t speak about the Pro series Misha, but I had a proper HT7 (the 3000$ one) and I really didn’t like it. I sold it pretty quickly. But it sounds like that’s the one you are set on so go with what you think you’ll like most

3. Mullet

Mullet SS.org Regular

What tunings do you play? I bought a 7 string RGDIX7-MPB back in January, after a break from any kind of guitar for 6yrs. The neck felt great and the specs for the money are on point. I've not played the Jackson, but had a lower range one a few years back and that was so-so. Ultimately, you'll be the guy chugging on it, so go with the one that has right scale length for the tunings you want and feels the best.

Good luck with the hunt!!

4. Jacksonluvr636

Jacksonluvr636 SS.org Regular