Ibanez 2018 models announced(teased) :O

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by lewis, Oct 26, 2017.

1. USMarine75

USMarine75 Doc McStuffins Contributor

aka the new Ibanez makes too many black guitars? ;)

2. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

lol hopefully we would never reach that point.

I got no problem with natural wood guitars, but its that specific shade of brown, and in ALL of the guitar :barf: a monochromatic poo brown guitar.... nope, jsut nope

3. couverdure

couverdure No Gear Day

Aren't you that same person who complained about black guitars with rosewood fretboards in the Abasi Guitars thread?

You people complain about preferences too much.

jl-austin likes this.
  4. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

probably, a common complain of mine is black guitars with brown fretboards.

its not so much the woods, but the color theme of the guitar. Give me that ibanez in trans white with the roasted neck and it looks amazing. Same as the blue pearl with chrome hardware, or that pink one with white pickups. But a body in the same shade of brown as the neck looks terrible imo. With a different neck it could work fine tho

like I sai in that tread, some people love wearing brown shoes/boots/. Me personally I hate them no matter what do I wear.

and to finalize, yup, welcome to SSO hehehe. It wont be fun if we wont complain in here :)

Hollowway likes this.
  5. Avedas

Avedas SS.org Regular

There's a reason you wouldn't wear a black suit with brown shoes. It just doesn't look good lol

Hollowway likes this.
  6. eightsixboy

eightsixboy あなたのお母さんを犯さ

Once again Australia gets royally screwed.

We have only 4 prestige RG's, 1 Iron label RG, 3 RG Premiums and we don't even get the fixed bridge 521 or the 570 Genesis. RG655 has also just disappeared from our site.

SERIOUSLY WTF IBANEZ AUSTRLIA. Why do you keep giving us 1/3 of the available range.

In Comparison the US site has 13 Prestige RG's listed. They must not give a crap about us or something lol

7. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

The 570 is on the AU site. Though only in black. :lol:

And getting rid of the 655 makes sense when they're being discontinued in favour of the RG550s/570s.

Otherwise generally agree. We don't get the orange RGD unfortunately. Ibanez AU do tend to add stuff that aren't available later during the year.

8. MatiasTolkki

MatiasTolkki Burn In Agony

Just order one from Ikebe or something, it has a maple board, they can ship overseas.

9. possumkiller

possumkiller Goose stepping in front of a mirror

Get ET to make you a custom Ibanez.

10. Pablo

Pablo Resident Wanker

Frankly, if Ibanez' Australian distributor doesn't want your money, don't give it to them!

I live in my Denmark, but my amp was bought in Germany, my RG550 was bought from Ishibashi in Japan and my Gibson was bought in the US...

Get what you want and don't simply buy what some backwards distributor tells you that you can have!

Mathemagician likes this.
  11. eightsixboy

eightsixboy あなたのお母さんを犯さ

Yea sorry, I meant we don't get all the 570 colours :)

I actually completely forgot about that RGD, don't forget that all white one which we also won't get by the look of it.

I'm sorry for bitching but I seriously just don't get what they are playing at, especially when some models like the RGD's should be no brainers, even if they only bought in 10-20 total for the year I bet they would all sell within 6 months.

It's not even the distributors fault either I believe, as they are bound by the regional catalogue, which I guess Ibanez Japan decide what regions get what?

You would think at a minimum, if a customer was willing to pay a little extra they would allow anything to be imported from a current catalogue, but nope, regional catalogue items only.

The only real issue with that is our retarded import tax laws. I was going to buy a RG7570 from Ikebe just last week until I worked out the tax + fee's. You'd have to be prepared to basically pay full retail for something. That J Custom was bang on 2k AUD with their outlet sale but after shipping + import taxes it was almost 3k, almost 1/3 of the value was just fees and shipping.

Paying $300 for shipping is fine but adding another 500+ kind of makes a good deal into a not so good deal.

Second hand stuff 100% agree. Brand new is a different story. Ishibashi won't ship new Ibanez, Ikebe will luckily but even then the stuff would have to be basically 50% to be worth it with our import taxes or under the $1000 threshold. I have bought heaps of Ibanez from Ishibashi over the year's, much better then buying stuff locally that's for sure.

Pablo likes this.
  12. Pablo

Pablo Resident Wanker

I bought my RG550 brand new from Ishibashi just before Christmas and have previously bought a brand new Ibanez HRG72 from Ikebe Gakki. Moreover, I have sent plenty of other inquiries and have never once been rejected...

Even with shipping, import tax and the horrendous Danish VAT of 25%, my RG550 is still ended up being less expensive than had I bought it from Thomann.

13. silverabyss

silverabyss

That doesn’t automatically mean the fret ends will be worth a shit though

14. Petar Bogdanov

Petar Bogdanov SS.org Regular

I thought PLEK included fret edge treatment...

15. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

The PLEK machine only works on the height of the frets. That's it. A lot of shops will do additional fretwork for an additional fee or roll it into the overall job cost.

PLEK machines are very controversial. While they do exactly as advertised there are a lot of misconceptions around what exactly a "PLEK job" entails and how much players really need that degree of accuracy in fret level.

AkiraSpectrum likes this.
  16. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

Well, too much in this case is better than not enough. Some pretty cheap guitars get the plek treatment, picking a pleked guitar at some price ranges might avoid some disappointments. (Thinking Gibson tributes, a 800€ guitar with guaranteed level frets, not bad considering what lemons you can get at that price range)

Mathemagician likes this.
  17. Petar Bogdanov

I understand that there is a lot of hand labor involved, but I clearly remember Thomann doing the fret edges in Henning's pimped Harley Benton videos, with no mention of additional costs. Perhaps not every PLEK shop does that.

18. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

PLEK machines are expensive, a big operation like Thomann can likely spread the costs which si somethign a smaller company can't do.

19. Lemonbaby

Lemonbaby SS.org Regular

The Thomann tech is only polishing the frets in the Youtube videos.

20. Petar Bogdanov

He's clearly filing the edges at 15:52.