I don’t know exactly why I still post here...

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by bulb, Jan 29, 2018.

1. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

sure same reason as all of us

Procrastination

Hollowway likes this.
  2. KyleG

KyleG SS.org Regular

This is my first post in 3 years, I don't know why I logged in to type this but here it is.

Hey Mish, enjoyed you guys playing at The Norva a few months back!

3. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Yeah, you have it tough, because you’re never going to get the bubblegum, focus grouped, hit single money that manufactured mainstream music is. I appreciate your trying to walk the line of being just one of the guys, and trying to make a living doing good, original music. We (both me personally, and a lot of us) support you guys with album and merch sales, because we know if we don’t support your art, it will go away. And we love it when you pop in and make a snarky comment, or post a meme, even if it’s not particularly relevant to the thread. Cuz then we get to feel like rockstars too, and swing our dick around, saying, “I was talking to bulb online today. Yeah, we we just joking around.” :lol:

Veldar, steinmetzify, Xaios and 4 others like this.
  4. Hollowway

Derp. Double post.

5. that short guy

that short guy SS.org Regular

I'm glad you do post from time to time, it's not very often you can say that you've talked with someone who's music you listen to regularly on nerdy things like guitars. Makes me feel like we're a little connected

By the way as far as your products go, love my precision drive, and when I get a chance I'm going to snag an invective... a 5150 with a good clean channel is a win in my book lol

6. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

Glad you do post here, a lot of times people need to remember that the artists they look up to and admire are regular people just like us.

Watching Remain Indoors and seeing you guys playing Iron Banner and knowing I was likely doing the same thing at the same time was an awesome moment. I know Thrice has always been a huge band I loved, and I always idolized their guitar players since I play guitar. But thanks to twitter I realized that Riley is a huge baseball nerd like me and gave me a whole new connection to that band.

Keep up the posting Bulb for every bitter person that lashes out about you being a "shill" you make so many other people feel like they are part of something bigger, and really that's what music is always about bringing people together.
    I'm sure all of you on here remember going to shows when you were younger and getting sweaty with a bunch of strangers who were all instantly your best friend because you were the ones that knew about real music and were out there living it.

Now lay some f*cking likes on me boys because that's about all I have left in life.

JEngelking, AdenM, LeoLmX and 9 others like this.
  7. Hollowway

Amen to that. There is no better feeling in the world than being locked in a groove with a bunch of other musicians, playing a song, and having a crowd visibly appreciate and engage with the music and art of it. I’m in family -working stuff - raising kids mode now, and can only go on memory and the hope that I will one day play live. But in the meantime, no matter how shitty of a day I’ve had, I can come home, plug in, turn up, close my eyes, hit a low power chord, and imagine I’m onstage like bulb, nolly, Jake, and Javier.

(And yes, I’ve been drinking.)

NickS and r33per like this.
  8. r33per

r33per SS.org Regular

And I reply to your post I liked in the vain hope that you'll like it too.:ryan:

TedEH and Mathemagician like this.
  9. jvms

jvms SS.org Regular

Hey Misha, just saw your story on Instagram about the Persona 5 vinyl. What are your thoughts on the game and the OST? I just finished it last month and I think it's my favorite game since Final Fantasy VII. Btw, it would be really cool if you could drop a few covers from the OST, like you did on Haunted Shores with FF VII.

10. budda

budda Guiterrorizer Contributor

Misha.

Make that 80's hair band with Nolly already, and go visit Chris and the crew when you do.

Hang tight duder.

Veldar and Spaced Out Ace like this.
  11. wannabguitarist

wannabguitarist Contributor

I wonder the same thing since I don't really play guitar anymore. You started the car thread where I made probably 90% of my posts in the last year so thanks? :lol:

I think it's awesome you still drop in to talk gear or shoot the shit with random people. 10 years ago, when I joined this forum started playing guitar it was cool to follow and occasionally interact with people in these up and coming bands (that first wave of djent with soundclick mix tests and Pod Farm :lol:). Made things a little more personal and exciting when albums did eventually get released.

Quoted for emphasis.

12. Kaura

Kaura #Make:cool:SmileyCoolAgain

Thank you for still visiting. Hope to see you in Finland this year again.

13. Slunk Dragon

Slunk Dragon Gear Nerder

It really means a lot that you keep yourself open and still communicate like you do. When you answered questions on AaL's Joy of Motion album, it was pretty amazing to see that you took so much time out of your day to be open about the process and everything like that. You've been one of the reasons I still keep pushing myself to play guitar, and I'm even slowly managing to record my own stuff now, too.

14. teqnick

teqnick The only person that liked the new Faceless album

If you didn't post here, I wouldn't know which pickups to buy. You also were the brain behind the only appealing Jackson imo in ages. Once the invectives start shipping out, I'm certain they'll be a staple in that price range for those of us not going axe 3

15. jonajon91

jonajon91 New Picture

I did it for the green boxes under my name. Ah, they were the days, repping a 3 posts a day average. Now Ill come here three times a week at most :/

16. QuantumCybin

QuantumCybin Lost In Thought

Never forget the holiday rep thread :(

StevenC and JEngelking like this.
  17. bracky

bracky Contributor

Pretty cool that you are still willing to mix it up with us normal people. Brushing up against greatness can be really inspiring.

Looking forward to seeing you at the Fillmore Silverspring again soon I hope. :)

18. MatthewK

MatthewK SS.org Regular

Aren't you that guy from the John Petrucci forum?

19. Eptaceros

Eptaceros Wayfarer Contributor

and SMNnews

20. toolsound

toolsound SS.org Regular

Glad you're still around, Misha. Both you (and Acle on Harmony Central) played HUGE roles in reshaping the way I look at music, guitar, etc. It's really cool to see Periphery or Tesseract live and think, "Holy shit, I can't believe I used to listen to forum clips from these guys!" Most people can only dream of interacting with their favorite artists, so it's pretty rad that we get to interact with guys like you and watch you thrive, both musically and professionally. That's what I love about the metal community in general. I've had the great privilege of interacting with a lot of guys who've inspired me for many years.