Hissing/buzz/static sound when plugged in

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by Wolfos, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Wolfos

Wolfos SS.org Regular

Hey guys, I installed the new pickups I received for Christmas and they sound great but I notice a humming or buzzing noise when the guitar is plugged into an amp.

I'm not sure if this helps but when my hands touch the knobs and switch the buzz almost disappears and when my fingers touch the bridge the buzz increases a bit. Lastly when I touch the bridge pickup the buzz almost doubles in volume.

Probably some grounding issue I'm sure but I like to ask for advice on these things as it's the first pickups I've ever installed.

Thanks for the help.

2. BubbleWrap

BubbleWrap SS.org Regular

You need to follow a proper wiring diagram. Somewhere, you’ve not properly connected a ground wire.

3. Wolfos

Wolfos SS.org Regular

I did follow the chart on Seymour Duncan's website so the wiring is going to the right areas but maybe my connections aren't good enough.

The noise does not get louder when I touch the neck pickup just the bridge so can I assume that it would be the bridge wiring that isn't grounded right?