Guitars with easiest upper access. 24 frets or more. Does such exist?

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by Unleash The Fury, Apr 1, 2017.

1. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

:shrug:

At some point, you are just going to have to give up on some of your spec's or else tack on another zero to your budget.

2. CrazyDean

CrazyDean SS.org Regular

My point with the high A was that by running a higher pitched string, you could effectively move the highest E note of the 24th fret up to the 19th fret. I can't think of a more comfortable way to play at the 24th fret than by moving your position to the 19th.

3. willy25

willy25 SS.org Regular

Are you resting your guitar on the right leg or left leg( classical style). If its right leg, try the left leg. It takes time to get used to it, but its better to reach frets and difficult chords. I like it due to my small hands. Also when i use the strap, i like it hight. I dont care it if looks funny, i just wanna play and have fun.

4. Unleash The Fury

Unleash The Fury SS.org Regular

I oughtta try that. And yes i also wear the strap high up like a nerd because i just cant find it comfortable for my hands if i have it lower in the "cool zone". Maybe its due to years playing sitting down so when i stand id like to have it high up like that

5. willy25

willy25 SS.org Regular

Yeah when you do it make sure u elevate your foot with a foot stool , books or anything so that your guitar doesnt fall. Or keep the strap on.