Guitar Pro 7 is released!

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Dayviewer, Apr 5, 2017.

1. stevexc

stevexc Laura Like Butter

For sure. Keep in mind this is a very "me" issue and for someone else it may be a complete non-issue.

The biggest thing was taking a tab from the default display format to a display format more conducive to (for me at least) playing along to. Every time I opened a tab I would have to double-click each track, uncheck the Standard Notation button, and click okay - for every track I wanted visible. Then I would have to hide the side panel (which isn't obvious on how to do so) and the bottom panel (which is even less obvious and only possible through the View menu). So a decently length process.

It may sound like a petty little thing, but it was a process I just didn't have to go through in GP5. Hiding Standard Notation is global and persistant after shutdown. There is no side panel to hide. Double clicking the bottom panel hides it. Simple and easy. That's all it takes to throw off a user of an old version - change the workflow without providing any advantage to the new workflow. Long story short, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

GP7, however, fixes that whole issue. You can set a layout in the options that it'll force on new files - so no matter what, I have files open with just Tab, in the right view, with the right layout, yadda yadda. Plus all three side bars (left, right, and bottom) are opened and closed much more intuitively and in the same place.

So yeah. That's my take on it. Plus GP7 seems to open a LOT quicker than GP6 - GP5 would open instantly, GP7 is just about instant, but GP6 would take up to a full minute or two on a modern, fairly optimized desktop.

2. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I get that completely. That does sound like a pretty major quality of life improvement!

stevexc likes this.
  3. thoughtpyotr

thoughtpyotr SS.org Regular

GP6 was a huge turn off for me idk why. Maybe it was the sounds...

But don't mind me, I use TuxGuitar 1.2 hahaha

4. sezna

sezna undermotivated

sorry for the gravedig.

My tuning is set to standard but everything is coming out a bit flatter than a half step (maybe 3 quarter steps?) and I can't figure out where to adjust this. Any ideas?

5. Nlelith

Nlelith SS.org Regular

I would look for a master pitch knob, not sure where it is in GP7

6. works0fheart

works0fheart Tike Myson

There was a setting somewhere in it that would set things off by like a half step. I have no idea why. I haven't messed with it since the trial so I couldn't tell you right off hand, but have a look around for that.

7. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

It was probably a quarter step, and I think it was to reflect bands in the 70s and 80s who would be slightly off of whatever tuning they are shooting for.

8. sezna

sezna undermotivated

I've been looking so hard but I still cannot find it lol. not in audio preferences and it doesn't show up in the search...guess ill submit a support ticket