GGD drums

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Arkks, Jan 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Arkks

Arkks SS.org Regular

Just a quick idea using GGD.

https://soundcloud.com/arkks/ggd-test

Let me know what you think...

2. isotropy

isotropy SS.org Regular

Hot damn.

Awesome dude.

3. Wolfos

Wolfos Guitarded

How do you like using GGD? I've only ever used superior drummer, is it similar, more intuitive? Just curious because im starting from scratch and if its worth it I might get GGD over SD3

4. schwiz

schwiz Lefty

GGD is about a fraction of the price of SD3. GGD does require Kontakt (can be the free player) though, which can be a pain for routing. There are videos for each DAW on how to set it up properly. PM me for coupon code.

5. QuantumSoundLab

QuantumSoundLab Audio Engineer, Downtuning Degenerate

I bought GGD a while back but only used it a few times because of the absolute hell that is routing and programming it. The sounds are some of the best I have heard as far as readily available samples go, but my god, I can't get as far as remaping it without a headache.

6. Rizzo

Rizzo SS.org Regular

The one thing I don't like about GGD, in all of its objective quality, is that it makes everything sound "instant Periphery". I mean, good if you like the effect, but I do mean *everything*. To me, it feels like a metal kit pretending to fit with another kind of aesthetic by masquerading as a pop-rock kit, and failing at that. I mean... the always huge snare, the downtuned heads, the kick etc. Dunno, doesn't work for me. Still my personal opinion.

On the other hand, I did love SD3 once I heard the demos. Heaps better than SD2, huge steps forward in everything (just feels like the real thing, tons of headroom and velocity layers!), and finally quite usable out of the box too.