Getting your band on spotify playlists

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Shrediablo, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Shrediablo

Shrediablo CC Deville Jr

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone on this forum knows how to pitch your songs to spotify playlists? I haven't found any information on this really, but it seems to be a very important tool to get your music out there. My band is gearing up for the release of our second album and it would be of big help to get featured on some playlists like "New Metal Tracks" and such on Spotify to gain some traction. If anyone knows other playlists or way to pitch your songs I would love to hear it. All help is highly appreciated! :hbang:

babbz likes this.
  2. Triple7

Triple7 The Decepticon

I've been researching the shit out of this in the past few weeks as well. All I can say is, it doesn't seem easy.

So, another person looking for insight here as well.

3. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

I don't think there's a 'way' as such, pretty sure it's algorithmic based on number of followers, listens, amount of people who have saved and liked it etc.

4. cfrank

cfrank SS.org Regular

My band released an album a few years ago and somehow we got featured in "Got Djent?" official spotify playlist.

I have no idea how we got there, it was pretty random as we are not signed to a label and had pretty much zero following by then, but it managed to give us a really big boost on spotify plays. I think it's based on plays, user engagement and likes.

You can read more over here: https://artists.spotify.com/guide/playlists

5. Shrediablo

Shrediablo CC Deville Jr

Thanks for the link. It seems to be the luck of the draw kind of thing, so I'll just have to hope for the best when the album comes out! :)

6. SamSam

SamSam GAS problems Contributor

You can have tracks premiered on YouTube channels in exchange for a set term of exclusivity by contacting various sites such as got didn't, etc. Perhaps their Spotify playlist work in a similar manner?