Free 1.3GB Kontakt orchestra

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by steinmetzify, Jun 25, 2018.

1. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

This is from Red Room Audio, no affiliation at all, just thought it was cool. Sounds great too. Strings, woods and brass ensembles included, one mic position and limited articulations, perfect for noobs. Full version of Kontakt required.

https://redroomaudio.com/product/palette-primary-colors/

isispelican, Edika and NosralTserrof like this.
  2. Flemmigan

Flemmigan Snoofin' your gear

Cool stuff! Thanks for sharing. Gonna give this a shot for some demos.

steinmetzify likes this.
  3. NosralTserrof

NosralTserrof SS.org Regular

Thanks dude!

steinmetzify likes this.
  4. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

Screw kontakt

5. steinmetzify

Never known you to be a hater man, what’s with the Kontakt hostility?

6. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

Haha. Im in the exact same camp as Andrew Baena (youtube) who dislikes kontakt and much prefers Vst's to work in the classic vst way. I.e dont need kontakt to open/work etc :)

Its why solemn tones making their plugins not need kontakt is a miracle to me.

7. JohnIce

JohnIce Singlecoil Enthusiast

Well there's Kontakt libraries and there's Kontakt itself. Kontakt, as just a generic sampler, is still by far THE most powerful and fully featured one available. Many developers only use it as a basic host for their samples and then I can see the criticism, but the developers who DO make use of all the crazy shit that Kontakt has in it would probably have to spend years developing their plugins without it, and have to charge a ton as a result. Take companies like Output, Spitfire or Heavyocity for example, they make some of the best stuff in the game and much of what makes their stuff so great is actually how they use the built-in features within Kontakt to their advantage.

But sure, the day I hear anyone make a non-Kontakt string library more realistic than Spitfire I'll gladly change my tune but so far I find that the really top-shelf stuff is all Kontakt. Honourable mention to Spectrasonics for Keyscape though, they did good :lol:

steinmetzify likes this.
  8. steinmetzify

Shit for that matter they killed it with Omnisphere 2 as well.

Kontakt doesn’t bug me really....does what I need it to do, got it on sale for like $125 so no complaints.

Far as I’m concerned it’s just another VST; I need to use Reaper to open most of those I use and Kontakt runs without it so no issues from me.

JohnIce likes this.
  9. Emperor Guillotine

Emperor Guillotine The Almighty Ruler

People who don't like Kontakt are just lazy individuals who never took the time to learn it (or who never matured past the "let's use VSTs" stage of beginner production...which just circles back to laziness and a refusal to learn).

Kontakt is the industry production sample playback engine because of its power and flexibility, and it is ridiculously easy to use once you take an hour or two and break it down.

Baena is a flat-out obnoxious idiot, as exemplified by his YouTube channel and even clearer by his online social media persona. Can't play right, produce right, mix right... Doesn't surprise me if he couldn't fully grasp Kontakt.

Besides, the "classic way" is to record everything live through an analog channel-strip mixing board.

Precisely. If they had to create their own standalone playback engine, they would have to charge far more. (Like what EastWest has to do since they have PLAY, which is severely outdated by 2018's standards.) Furthermore, what else could any new sample playback engine do that Kontakt can't?

8Dio, Spitfire, Output, Heavyocity, Orchestral Tools, CineTools, CineSamples, Sonokinetic, Soundiron, Impact Soundworks, and so many other sample companies all use Kontakt. Libraries that cost $500+ all the way up to thousands of dollars ALL USE KONTAKT.

Some of those companies even use the engine to create their own features within Kontakt. (Stuff beyond merely unique effects rack, keymapping, keyswitching, routing flexibility, etc.) There also is the Photosynthesis engine, which is the foundation for so many awesome synth libraries that run on Kontakt and operate exactly like a real softsynth. (They generate new sounds based on samples instead of simply playing back samples).

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    gienek and steinmetzify like this.
  10. JohnIce

JohnIce Singlecoil Enthusiast

Great point, I bought some EWQL before Kontakt because it was a little cheaper and sounded good. It was money thrown into the sea because between being upstaged by Kontakt and the iLok (which I only need for EWQL so I can barely be bothered plugging it in) I never use their stuff at all. If they were Kontakt libraries I probably would, now I just ignore the company altogether.

11. newamerikangospel

newamerikangospel Tonight.......you

Kontakt is the most evolved sampler on the market, to the point that only a few companies had the money to develop their own (EastWest and BestService) and are still very infant in their ability. The people who havent used Kontakt hate it, and the people who have delved into it love it.

Glad we could turn a free library discussion into a kontakt hate thread.

steinmetzify likes this.
  12. steinmetzify

All good; you use Kontakt and wanna try this here you go. If you hate Kontakt then don’t bother, no worries.

lewis likes this.
  13. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

I love how i just simply explained why i dont want to use kontakt without having to belittle kontakt users, yet the pro kontakt users threw around personal insults?
    Why is Andrew Baena an idiot just because he doesnt like it?

Pathetic attitude.
    Its like a bunch of 3rd graders in here.

Well said @steinmetzify