Fortiori Mixing Contest | Win Mercuriall Amp Sims

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by shnizzle, Aug 18, 2018.

1. axxessdenied

axxessdenied :: 2077 ::

Congrats to the winner!

Didn't realize you posted the winner until now.
    I can't believe the amount of dislikes on the video. So much salt.

2. billinder33

billinder33 SS.org Regular

Hate to be a critic... I really wanted to get into this saga, but the way the reviews were architected weren't all that compelling to me. I would like to have seen each mix played in it's entirety and then a much shorter critique afterward, with markers so you could fast forward as needed. Then the mixes replayed again in the final video, and again more concise points / less talking.

Basically, I don't have 10+ hours to grind through all of this, despite the fact that I originally found the overall idea to be compelling.

Maybe it's just the era I grew up in or my attention span, but I find people talking on video to get boring really fast. I'd much rather watch epic-fail or cat videos.

steinmetzify likes this.
  3. shnizzle

shnizzle johnny

i totally understand your point. that was kind of initially my plan. but i quickly noticed listening through the song in its entirety again and again and again and again... it would mess with my head. so i thought i´d just listen to some key moments in the song and give everybody more detailed feedback and additional pointers and ideas. but yeah, i do have a tendency to ramble :D

billinder33 and Exchanger like this.