Fortiori Mixing Contest | Win Mercuriall Amp Sims

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by shnizzle, Aug 18, 2018.

1. axxessdenied

axxessdenied Arium Addict

Congrats to the winner!

Didn't realize you posted the winner until now.
    I can't believe the amount of dislikes on the video. So much salt.

2. billinder33

billinder33 SS.org Regular

Hate to be a critic... I really wanted to get into this saga, but the way the reviews were architected weren't all that compelling to me. I would like to have seen each mix played in it's entirety and then a much shorter critique afterward, with markers so you could fast forward as needed. Then the mixes replayed again in the final video, and again more concise points / less talking.

Basically, I don't have 10+ hours to grind through all of this, despite the fact that I originally found the overall idea to be compelling.

Maybe it's just the era I grew up in or my attention span, but I find people talking on video to get boring really fast. I'd much rather watch epic-fail or cat videos.

steinmetzify likes this.
  3. shnizzle

shnizzle johnny

i totally understand your point. that was kind of initially my plan. but i quickly noticed listening through the song in its entirety again and again and again and again... it would mess with my head. so i thought i´d just listen to some key moments in the song and give everybody more detailed feedback and additional pointers and ideas. but yeah, i do have a tendency to ramble :D

billinder33 and Exchanger like this.