Fortin 33 Meshuggah signature pedal

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Jul 31, 2017.

1. exo

exo SS.org Regular

Off topic a bit again, but I knew who the reference was about as soon as I saw the whole "who he has working for him" bit, and I CAN'T be the only guy that made the connection.

There's exactly ONE guy that draws THAT reaction. Is he still with Keisel, too? Sorta feel like there is an anecdotal connection between him starting with them, and mass customer dissatisfaction.......

2. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Sunbro

so khoury posted in the fortin army page about how they deleted the guys thread because he was going on a tirade calling the 33 a pos, etc and then he posted screenshots of the conversations.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Very interesting..

3. Jacksonluvr636

Jacksonluvr636 SS.org Regular

Interesting indeed.

The first screen shot was on the Fortin Page. Simple and to the point. Very dissatisfied and that was all.

Then they brought in screen shots from other forums I'm on with friends I know where I'm not going to sugar coat it.

I didn't post those on the Fortin page but they brought that in themselves.

Honestly who cares. I didn't like the pedal and I posted my feedback. I had at least one guy PM me to thank me for helping him decide to save his money who was on the fence prior so there you have it. I'm always going to share my experiences with gear addicts and like I said to zack....I'm sorry if you don't like it, I'm not going to ride some guys **** ever.

Shall I post the SS of Zack continuing to harass me via PM for not liking their pedal? That guy is seriously dillusional from some of the things he says.

At the end of the day, I'll never buy Fotin again because of the way their people do business, not because of an overpriced POS pedal.

4. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Think it should be a requirement that if you work for a music business, you'd have to post that on forums you deal with. For all the problems TGP has, that isn't one of them. It's nice to know when you're dealing with someone that might have a personal agenda.

Seen that dude hyping Fortin on RT the last few months but didn't realize he was working for them now. Should have put it together sooner; dude never says anything nice about a company unless they're paying him.

I also think it's hysterical that he'll respond to the posts you make on FB but not on the forums...dude is a member of at least two of those that you posted your review on, why wouldn't he come in to rebut your posts there? Mostly because he can't delete yours, that's why.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017 at 11:58 AM
  5. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Yeah, a Bogner is a piece of shit. Unreal. :lol:

6. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Uhh, I agree that the dude's complaining was petty and annoying, but did he really have to bring up the fact he banned him and post the screenshots?

7. Spaced Out Ace

Please do, since now you have people calling you petty and annoying.

8. kylendm

kylendm Electrical Mercenary

To be fair I wasn't a huge fan of the pedal after playing with it for a while. While it did make my amp sound bigger, it seemed like it was taking away from the tone rather than getting something out of it. It's a cool pedal but not worth the cost. It's also really fucking noisy.

I sold it on RT to a guy who PMed me saying
    "By the way, this pedal really sucks. lol [​IMG]" Then he sold it to maddnotez and so fourth.

I understand that the Precision Drive is different from the 33 as it's an OD and not a clean boost but I think most people would benefit from the PD than the 33. There's more options and turning up the brightness on the PD got me to almost the same territory as the 33 but with a gate and tightness setting.

Just my 2 cents.

9. Spaced Out Ace

I'd rather have an @amptweaker pedal with a Tight knob, a three way switch and the defizzerator knob, and two footswitch so you can turn on the effect, as well as a boost with volume/gain like the Pro series pedals.

And yes, I tagged James in the hopes he'll see this and maybe think about it.

Again, that's a: Tight knob, defizzator knob and 3 way switch, as well as two footswitch for the effect and a boost from the Pro series pedals. No offense to Fortin as I'm sure the amps are great, but that'd kick the shit outta the 33.

lewis likes this.
  10. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

That's what I like about my Integrated Preamp, it can be as subtle or as extreme as I want it to be. I can get to 33-territory by turning the bass all the way down, or I can only turn it down half way and get the tone a lot tighter without thinning it out so much. Or not turn it down at all and it's an actual clean boost.

Very different than a TS though, as it doesn't add clipping or compression.

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  11. Spaced Out Ace

It doesn't add compression when you raise the level?

12. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

It might to in a subtle way that I can't easily notice, but not like a tubescreamer does.

13. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

im pretty glad I didnt just bite the bullet and grab one of these.

Last time I did that on impulse, it was for the now discontinued VFE Focus (which Im now selling) pedal just because I saw Nolly had designed it.

14. Spaced Out Ace

The VFE Focus is pretty cool. It's a great boost for tightening up low end, boosting the front end of an amp, and smoothing out the highs if they're too aggressive or rough. It's especially good for EQing a fuzz so you tighten up just enough of the low end without completely changing the character.

lewis likes this.
  15. wakjob

wakjob SS.org Regular

Are there any side-by-side comparisons of the
    33 and Grind pedals yet?

16. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Sunbro

yes

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  17. wakjob

wakjob SS.org Regular

Cool. Any audio or video links?

Thinking... maybe the 33 is too detailed towards Fredrik's personal rig and tonal pleasures.

Maybe the Grind is more for the rest of us?

18. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Sunbro

wakjob likes this.
  19. wakjob

wakjob SS.org Regular

Thanks man!

Liking the Grind a bit more now that I hear them back to back like this.

20. jjcor

jjcor SS.org Regular

So I got one of these pedals to pair with my 5153. I have to admit I don't like the sound of it at all. It cuts so much low end out and brings up some mids that are ear piercing. I have Precision Drive as well and I know they're 2 different pedals, but essentially trying to accomplish the same results by tightening up the low end, and it sounds way better than this pedal. Take this from someone who was very skeptical of the Precision drive since I had the protone bulb pedal and thought it wasn't very good. Just my :2c:

mnemonic likes this.