Formula One thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by levijaymz, Oct 30, 2012.

1. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

Oh and lol at it being a 68 lap race because of that model chick, and the stewards who totally let that happen...

TheTrooper likes this.
  2. TheTrooper

TheTrooper SS.org Regular

I had great expectation for the canadian GP, since last year (well most years) was great.
    The 2011 GP was the GREATEST thing ever, but yeah, this one was boring like Monaco.

Max needs to win at least 2 races if he wants to be a contender, but the next few are Ferrari/Merc territory.
    Looking forward to France, I remember the last one in 2008 at Magny Cours and it was great.
    Hopefully Paul Ricard can give us some serious show.

Bottas kicked Ham butt this weekend, if he manages to win a couple of races and place on the podium with the consistency he has, I see him beating LH this year.

Alonso, my man, too much unlucky and that McLaren just isn't cutting.......so bummed for him.

The Aero is a problem, but we had great races this year....the cars are too "track sensitive" and the added weight of the Halo (really, the overall weight of the cars) isn't helping.
    LH was drifting at almost every corner, as if the car is too big for these corners; next year is all another story, but I don't know how much of a difference will it be.
    At least they'll have more fuel.

3. TheTrooper

TheTrooper SS.org Regular

It would've been a catastrophe if Max overtook Bottas at the 70th lap, because the classification used is taken from the lap before; wasn't the girl's falut, just wrong infos from the stewards.
    Pretty funny to hear Seb on the radio with "the race isn't over" haha

4. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

I agree with Vettel. Every year has bad races and good races. Canada 2015 was pretty shockingly boring.

The cars being unable to follow is clearly a problem, but Frank Dernie is pretty well convinced the problem is that the tyres are good giving very short braking distances. It's very clear watching a car on new vs old tyres; no matter how close they are in the previous corner the fresher tyres can pull up a lot quicker. See: Red Bulls in China.

TheTrooper likes this.
  5. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Red Bull officially using Honda next year

6. SD83

SD83 SS.org Regular

Interesting news. A year or so ago, when they were still working with McLaren, I would have considered that a horribly bad idea, but it seems to have worked for Torro Rosso for some reason, so... it might be good? Would be great to see three teams competing for the championship for some years to come.

7. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Also, Alonso won Le Mans 24hrs, so it's all on for the Indy 500 for the next few years I imagine.

r33per likes this.
  8. r33per

r33per SS.org Regular

Yeah, totally. More F1 championships - perhaps even podium top spots - has passed him by, I think. Get Indy 500, get the Indy championship and the WRC - that might actually be achievable for Fernando.