First Time Seller On Reverb, Have A Few Questions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Branden_Nomad, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Branden_Nomad

Branden_Nomad SS.org Regular

Currently I’m stationed in South Korea and just haven’t had enough time to play my guitar so I figured I’d give selling it a chance so its not just sitting around and the extra money would certainly be welcome, though I’ve had someone inquire me about purchasing it and I don’t know whether it is “scam-y” or not. He wants to do a direct PayPal payment which I’ve heard is the norm for these sites, so asks for my name and PayPal email but then says that “Payment will be facilitated by my insurance company in order to make the transaction done fast.” and I don’t know what to think of it as this is all completely new to, more experienced sellers is this something of the norm and a potential red flag? Thank you in advance for any and all advice or tips

2. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

That seems quite sketchy to tell you the truth. That means that the insurance company has a Paypal account and probably a different address than the guy's registered Paypal account. I can think of several things that can go wrong.

3. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Red flag city. Stop replying and/or block. Don't forget to report thier account to Reverb and PayPal.

4. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire self-appointed sso pickup tester

the insurance bit makes it a no go.