Fancy Beretta Rife Video

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by narad, Jan 13, 2018.

1. narad

narad SS.org Regular

We'll I'll preface this by saying I'm super liberal snowflake / generally wish guns were just entirely outlawed / do a million times more bad than good sort of guy. But damn, this video is awesome. I'm not sure how much of the process involved here is actually in a typical Beretta or if the end rife was like $500k or something, but check it out:

I think it is appealing for the same reason I like handmade guitars, but that feel of precision is more specific to metalwork and interlocking mechanical things. Though all that effort, and in the end it's like, yea, going to blast a duck's head off. Would be like watching 20 people make some incredible private stock PRS and then the guy starts strumming some out-of-tune Oasis song.

Mattykoda and USMarine75 like this.
  2. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire despair ahead

fun fact: beretta is the oldest gun company in the world. they've been making firearms and weapons since 1526.
    A good double barrel over-under shotgun like that goes for around a couple of grand. That shotgun in particular goes for around 7-9 grand MSRP. The grip checkering is pretty common on more affordable guns as well, though it costs way more if it's done by hand (obviously). the engraving depends on the brand, but generally you don't see that on a lot of production rifles/shotguns until you spend a bit more. I will say those types of nature motifs are usually found on older hunting rifles/shotguns, though there are lots of custom engravers that do that work (or whatever the client wants) to modern weapons.

USMarine75 and Mattykoda like this.
  3. Mattykoda

Mattykoda SS.org Regular

Man sometimes I wish there was a gun thread that didn't get derailed and shut down on sso. It would be nice to talk to others about guns and all that good stuff. Anyway KnightBrolaire is right about the price. Some of those damn Beretta shotguns are way above that as well, regardless you cannot knock the craft and detail that goes into them.

4. USMarine75

USMarine75 Doc McStuffins (*Block version, not sig) Contributor

Everything they make, besides the 92F, is awesome. A buddy of mine and I used to bring their Storm rifles to the shoot houses and do our CQB drills and it was a blast (literally) lol. They were like $450 and used the 92F magazines and 9mm, so we had hundreds of free mags and ammo lol.

[​IMG]

BIG ND SWEATY and Mattykoda like this.
  5. KnightBrolaire

I love the 92f. The storm was a lot of fun last time I tried one.

6. narad

narad SS.org Regular

To be fair, if gun threads were about appreciating guns as any object of demanding construction, even I could participate in that. Instead, at least here, you get guys coming in saying they need guns to defend against government takeovers, citing illuminati and using words like "sheeple" and "woke". Like the gun in the video I can get behind, because it's easy to appreciate the craftsmanship entirely apart from use (and no one has a crazy use for $7k+ fancily metal etched guns).

Pretty much the same as the watch thread here, except with the existence of digital technology there's no pretense as to why you like a fancy watch: you like it because it's a fancy watch. Because they set milestones in craftsmanship and engineering.

7. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I appreciate the aesthetics of guns, as like others have said, a well made tool is a well made till; just wish they weren't, you know, used to kill things.

Seybsnilksz likes this.
  8. USMarine75

Obviously you were never in the military or law enforcement lol.

^ Nothing wrong with that, but these are universally hated by most, except for some army units where I know their armorers modded them to make them less shitty lol. They just do not hold up to that kind of abuse (magazines stop seating properly and they jam a lot) and the triggers (and stock pull) are a nightmare for competition shooting.

9. KnightBrolaire

I was a medic in the army (still in the reserves) and the 92fs that i used were fine. I never had many problems with em, and vastly preferred em to the 1911. The 1911 never jammed on me but i hate the ergonomics and only having 7-8 rounds with the default mag.. I own one a 92f so i know what you mean about the mag not seating properly, but generally i don't have a problem with it, though i only really use it for plinking at the range.

USMarine75 likes this.
  10. USMarine75

Haha well I guess someone somewhere had to like it!

Well 7-8 rounds is okay if you make every one of them count! ;)

I'm definitely a Glock guy myself... we just got rid of the Sigs, which are fine, but they are huge and print too easily. Plus the decock is awkward for those that don't have the muscle memory to decock every time you reholster.

11. KnightBrolaire

I like to err on the side of having more bullets in a mag, just in case. Besides what's better than 8 HP+ rounds? 18 of em lol
    I've never been a huge glock fan, but then again, my priorities are pretty different from most people. I really like having an external safety. I don't do conceal and carry and mostly play with my guns at the range, so I'm fine with full size pistols that have external safeties. I did like the walther P99 for a compact pistol though. If I was going to do c&c I'd probably carry something like that.

12. USMarine75

You already have an external safety...

[​IMG]

:lol:

Mattykoda likes this.
  13. KnightBrolaire

a glock user would say that lol It's more that I like having the external safety just for piece of mind.

14. Mattykoda

Mattykoda SS.org Regular