ESP Owners Club-Show Us Your ESPs!

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Church2224, Feb 15, 2012.

1. MTGeezy

MTGeezy SS.org Regular

If you would have actually read my post, I said I don't want to buy a guitar online. I want to play it before I buy it

To the other two, I've contacted Capitol Guitars. Going to make a trip there next weekend, thanks for the help!!!

2. Johny2wong

Johny2wong SS.org Regular

I know this thread suppose to show our ESP guitar. But I find an interesting thing about ESP and would like to share it.

I just watch a video by ESP japan on youtube. It's a demo of one exhibition series guitar. I put the link below.

On 3:21, in the background there is a man pushes a rack full of guitars. The name on the headstock shows they are E-II. On 3:30, you can clearly see those guitars are E-II arrow Baby Metal. Based on this scene, I can make a few assumption.

1. E-II may be made in the same factory as ESP original and ESP signature. You can watch another video

notice ESP KH is in the background.
    2. The hardware installation and the final inspection may be done in the same factory as ESP original and signature.
    3. I have seen photos from one of ESP distributor when they visited ESP factory. It shows E-II and Edwards body in the same rack.

What's the implication of these assumption ?
    1. E-II and Edwards will have a good quality because they are checked by the same workers who made ESP original and signature. If E-II and Edwards are made by the same workers, who make ESP original, it would be more awesome.

2. I always think ESP is deliberately holding back E-II line. This may be the reason. That particular factory supposes to produce expensive guitars. Making E-II in the same factory actually reduces ESP profit. So, they make just enough E-II and allocate the rest of capacity for ESP. It's also the reason why E-II price keeps increasing each year.

I would like to hear your opinion on this matter.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    zappatton2 likes this.
  3. feraledge

feraledge Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?

There's really not a conspiracy here. I forget the correct answer on each factory, but @Ikke can certainly tell you more than most ESP employees or reps. You can see a lot more in the megathread: http://sevenstring.org/threads/esp-japan-usa-general-info-thread.323784/
    But it's very common for a factory to have production, custom and masterbuilt lines. It doesn't mean that the same care and attention goes hand-in-hand across the board, but might not be far off.
    For example, EIIs are great, but the fret work on my ESP Custom is otherworldly. Not to say EIIs aren't beyond exceptional from time to time, see @theicon2125 's Eclipse for example:
    [​IMG]
    But when you see the ESP Guitars "table shots" of custom guitars, LTDs, and EIIs on their social media, it's the same check point, but it doesn't mean they're getting the same treatment. Also, they would be idiots if they put their masterbuilders on the final check lines.
    On 2, in 2017, ESP USA did hold back the E-II line overtly. There's a chance that this might have had more to do with giving Canella some more weight, but they pushed the ESP US and LTD lines hard. Their wishful thinking and their primary money maker. Total guess there, but he's gone soon before NAMM and ESP didn't have their shit together in terms of presenting the 2018 line in full for the EIIs and US lines as of NAMM. I don't think there's a 2018 catalog yet and they unveiled new models, but no official release (Viper and V, plus finishing and wood options).
    But EII in the rest of the world has a bunch of different options. So it's not universal.
    That said, the lines aren't really competition for each other. If anything it's LTD Deluxe and E-II, but even there, we could be talking nearly double the price point or fairly close to it.
    At the end of the day, they aren't in competition with each other, they just make decisions about each line and they change from year to year. But while they make good money on an expensive guitar, they make a lot more by selling a lot of cheaper ones.

theicon2125 likes this.
  4. Johny2wong

Johny2wong SS.org Regular

I agree with your opinion Feral.
    I think my expectation is too high, if I want E-II with the same or nearly the same quality as ESP. And I won't dare comparing E-II with ESP custom shop.

I just know Chris left ESP. Now he works for Dean.

5. feraledge

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Blytheryn likes this.
  6. USMarine75

USMarine75 Doc McStuffins Contributor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These two are stock photos because I'm at work and they're not in my online photos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Curt

Curt Where we're going we don't need neck pickups

Only a few more days, and I will be a part of this club. lol

8. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

“One of us. One of us.”

9. theicon2125

theicon2125 SS.org Regular

That return coming in?

10. Ikke

Ikke A Dream Cartographer

@feraledge Hellow! Super late! Posted in a hurry. Forgive me for the shortness.

It makes sense that you’d see E-IIs next to custom shop guitars because...they are both in Tokyo! :-D

Here’s how to know where your guitar came from (I keep this info on my phone at all times. Total nerd. Source of knowledge: ESP)

First letters of serial:

E = ESP
    ES = E-II

Last number of serial:

1 - ESP Custom Shop
    2 - ESP Tokyo Factory
    3 - ESP Standard Factory (which is also in Tokyo)

11. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

After a few years, I'm back in the ESP (well, LTD :lol:) fold.

Here's my heavily modified LTD Alex Skolnick. Was going for a modded Norlin LPC Silverburst look.

2018-02-04 17.15.141.png

Thinking about hunting down a non-sig ESP truss rod.

And I'm thinking about possibly getting a 2nd one. I'm looking for either a 7-string, a baritone, or a Tele (or all 3 ;) ), and I love my AS-1 so much that I wanna get another LTD. I'd REALLY love to find an old maple-boarded BS-7 or an EC-407B. Need more aggressive guitars to go with my classy PRS SEs. :D

12. feraledge

Looks sick and of course you need more ESPs. What are the mods?

13. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Really debating it. :lol: I need a 2nd 7 string and a Tele in the fold. Right now I'm looking at a Michael Kelly 507X for the 7-string, but I'm hoping I can find an LTD EC-407B at a good price. And I really dug the LTD TE-202 I tried.

As for the mods:
    Uncovered Suhr Aldrich bridge pickup
    Installed the pickguard
    Removed the tone knob
    Relocated the bridge and neck vols
    Covered up the old Bridge vol hole
    Installed chrome-topped tophat knobs

I'm gonna installed a mini toggle for coil taps. And if I get a set of Fishman KsE pickups for it like I THINK i'm going to do ( :lol: ), I might install a 2nd one. I'm not too big on push-pull knobs.

14. Samark

Samark SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

I've finally found the guitar to buy next. Need to re-join the ESP team with an old school Maverick. Love that offset body.

15. Gravy Train

Gravy Train SS.org Regular

16. Curt

As much as I really don't care for the band, Tony's limited signature viper
    is super cool to me as someone that's into that kind of aesthetic.

Gravy Train likes this.
  17. Gravy Train

Gravy Train SS.org Regular

I agree. All I did was throw an EMG 81 in there and I was good to go. It has a little bit of neck dive but is a super comfortable.

18. Aso

Aso EDM Sludge Music Contributor

Looks like the E-II bodies are cut in the Jixi China factory from this post and photos supplied and then finished in the ESP Japan factory.
    Photos in the last post of this thread
    https://www.espguitars.com/forums/1963244/posts/2162958-first-e-ii-dissapointed

19. Curt

You've reminded me how much I really love silverburst eclipses. :yum:
    That looks ace with the kind of Adam Jones vibe.

I know I said it some weeks ago, but I'm about to get back into the ESP/LTD family with the Alexi 600 in my avatar that I bought from @theicon2125 (great dude!) that if the UPS my choice tracking is accurate, should be in by Monday. I went to check out the KH202 with EMGs another guy was selling and it just didn't feel right, so no go on that, but hopefully I can manage to pick up a used EC1000 or viper 400 sooner than later as well, to kind of round out my stable for different tunings.

Mathemagician likes this.
  20. MatthewK

MatthewK SS.org Regular