Does Adele sing consistently flat?

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by frogman81, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Schizo Sapiens

Schizo Sapiens SS.org Regular

It's common thing in "bluesy" style of singing. Lots of intentionally "uneasy" notes, gradual sliding into "correct" notes from below, things like that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_note

That being said, they can be pretty annoying when overused:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  2. protest

protest SS.org Regular

I think metal suffers from this lack of individuality as well. It seems like people's first criticism of new releases are always about the mix, when that almost never even registers to me. I'm listening to the music, and in order for the quality of production to even cross my mind it's got to be really obnoxious where it jumps out like the snare on St. Anger, or just be so bad that it's largely inaudible. Outside of those extreme cases I just don't care. I became a huge metal fan listening to lots of crappy low budget mixes, never stopped me from enjoying it, and honestly I think I'm getting to the point of where I prefer it to the clinical path pretty much all music has taken.

fps and bostjan like this.
  3. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

I do like the crystal clarity of some of the newer metal productions, but I think it's rather odd that some people seem to have come to expect such out of a metal band who is probably expected to make just a couple thousand USD in revenue off of an album. I know I'd want the best production possible, but spending five times as much as you might make back on production seems like a bad idea.

4. cardinal

cardinal SS.org Regular

All I can tell you is that I enjoy listening to Adele and Lady Gaga stuff when I hear it come on the radio.

ImBCRichBitch likes this.