Dingwall pickups for SR405EQM?

Discussion in 'Bass Guitar Discussion' started by WintermintP, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordIronSpatula

LordIronSpatula Indeed.

If there's anything "going on," it's with him, not the bass. Like all of us have said, it's fairly straightforward. I could do it - in fact, I've done more complicated bass electronics swaps than this, and I'm not a pro tech. The fact that he doesn't want to get paid for an easy, routine job seems odd.

He could be incompetent, I guess, but that seems unlikely. It really sounds like he just doesn't want to do it, and he's making up reasons to get you to give up. Were you rude to him or something? :lol:

I can see why he might not think it's the best idea to put the tone capsule in your bass, given that I and others in this thread have expressed it's likely not the most cost-efficient way of improving your tone. But still, why refuse to take your money to do what you want when it's an easy job?

Beheroth likes this.
  2. WintermintP

WintermintP Lead/Rhythm Guitar, One Minute Winter

I do have the tendency to come off as rude even though I never intend to, yea, that may have played a hand.

In any case, the seller suggested a tech in Kitchener, but the said tech hasn't responded at all. I messaged the seller again, asking what I should do. It'll be another day before I hear back from anybody.

The problem with just getting new strings and ending it there is that I have attempted to get the DR DDTs hoping that would improve the tone, but the goons at L&M love their D'Addarios so much that it's beyond likely that they would deliberately withhold all orders of other brands just to force you into buying the D'Addarios instead, and D'Addarios are the worst when it comes to value. Looks like juststrings (the site) it is...

WintermintP

3. WintermintP

@Masoo2 I'm late to the party here but I'm going to tell you of this anyway.

I found what amp model he was using in a similar video from this guy.

As it turns out, he is using a Darkglass B7K run into an Axe-FX that's modelling a Roland JC120. That's the good news. The bad news is that I have no clue if he's running the amp module of the JC120 into a different cab or if he's actually using the JC120 amp itself modeled by the Axe-FX. Anyway, I went ahead and bought a Hotone VStomp for a really good deal that should get me started.

@LordIronSpatula Also I've got great news.

As it turns out, when I asked for a full refund on the DR DDTs because they were taking too long, they didn't cancel the order. While I didn't get a refund as asked, the strings are still on their way! Only thing left to do is wait until L&M calls back tomorrow as to what the status is. Shouldn't be very long since we're nearing the final week!

WintermintP

4. WintermintP

Wait, he's also using a FAS Modern. I know that's a custom amp module and there's no real life equivalent, but I know I can use Amplitube's Custom Shop to make my own custom module. Any idea where to get started? I mean, it's a hybrid amp, right? So which two amps is it a hybrid of?

WintermintP

5. WintermintP

@LordIronSpatula Because my mother wouldn't cooperate (the seller found two techs in Kitchener but my mother wouldn't let me even get near 'em), I was essentially forced to return the Tone Capsule. In exchange she said she would help me get the Dingwall bass once I've collected sufficient funds (I have a big hunch she's just going to go back on her word because they're disappearing so fast now and there's one Dingwall bass in particular that only costs $1.8K that I have my sights on but that's disappearing real soon as well, PLUS I've known her for not following through with anything at all and just going back on her word every time; in fact, there was one other particular item that I tried to buy so I sent her the money so she would buy it on my behalf but she just pocketed the money and I haven't seen the item at all; I couldn't remember exactly what it was but it was an accessory). That's the bad news.

The good news is that the DDT bass strings just arrived at the store.

WintermintP

6. WintermintP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.