Decapitated accused of kidnapping?

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by HeavyMetal4Ever, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Zalbu

Zalbu More time than skill

Sorry, I think I missed the memo that feeling the need to remind people that women who falsely accuse men of rape exists every time a case like this pops up is supposed to help further the goal for equal rights for men and women :scratch:

2. Ebony

Ebony Mr Sunshine

"Allegedly". You answered your own question.

Rawkmann likes this.
  3. Zalbu

Zalbu More time than skill

Not really, because the chances of that happening is statistically insignificant when there's hundreds of thousands of actual rapes happening every year in the US. How come that the people who are so concerned about the phenomenon of false rape accusations only speak up when they hear of a woman allegedly being raped? Could it be that they have an agenda to push? :scratch:

4. Chokey Chicken

Chokey Chicken mouth breather

The problem is with wording. Even this quoted post seems to possibly imply that this girl wasn't actually raped. We don't know if she was yet. The fact of the matter is that both parties need to be given the benefit of the doubt until actual evidence is presented. We shouldn't be calling the members of the band monsters the same way we shouldn't be calling the girl a liar or faker or whatever.

I won't lie, I'm inclined to believe her, but I'm not going to suggest or encourage people to label the band rapists yet. It hasn't been proven and as such, they deserve as much of the benefit of the doubt.

5. Rawkmann

Rawkmann SS.org Regular

Was in no way trying to imply one way or the other. I have no bias towards either side at this point as there's not really enough verified information to make an informed judgment.

Chokey Chicken likes this.
  6. farren

farren SS.org Regular

Holy shit are these guys naive for not each hiring their own counsel.

It's time to think about yourselves, boys. If you are guilty, then some of you are no doubt legally worse off than others. Do you really want to stand with each other behind the same legal team, even at this early juncture? Stop thinking like a goddamn band and start thinking like people who could end up in prison.

7. Chokey Chicken

Which is why wording is incredibly important. You are indeed correct with this post though.

8. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Dude, neither one of us even brought it up in the first place. We're arguing about it because you literally said it wasn't that bad if it was a false accusation! Then you are telling people to get out of the thread if they disagree with your values! I honestly can't find any common ground with you on this one. Do you even think there should be a trial? Maybe we can agree that there should be a trial. No?

Spaced Out Ace and Rawkmann like this.
  9. Ebony

Ebony Mr Sunshine

I believe most of the posts (including my own) in this threat about false accusations has been made in response to the people who jump to conclusions about a case they know nothing about. Nothing more, nothing less.

Just because one crime is more likely to have happened than another doesn't mean it is correct to jump to conclusions in favor of the most likely one, and when you jump on people for pointing that out it makes it seem like you have an agenda.

Rawkmann likes this.
  10. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

11. bostjan

To reiterate: The women who come forward are heroes. They should never be vilified. There are more than two dozen advocacy groups whose sole purpose is to help with that process in the USA. Maybe most women do not know that. For those who might stumble upon this thread, here are jsut a few of them that can provide you with information and even resources to help you:

https://centers.rainn.org/
    www.womenslaw.org
    rvap.org
    www.theadvocacycenter.org/services/
    https://www.rapevictimadvocates.org

On the other hand, for people falsely accused of rape, there are no advocacy groups specifically chartered to help you, so good luck. Hope you have a huge stack of cash on hand that you weren't planning on spending, to hand over for a good lawyer. You can look into some of the same advocacy groups who work on protecting people from other false accusations, though. But, since you are going to be locked up in a jail cell without any access to the outside world, I guess it doesn't matter if I post the websites for those groups.

For these guys, I can honestly say that if I had to guess, something very bad happened. Exactly what, I can't say with any modicum of certainty at this point. Either way, their goose is cooked. They'll be in jail awaiting extradition. I highly doubt the judge is going to be a fan. It seems that these alleged witnesses are not materializing at this point... if they did half of what they are alleged to have done, then they deserve it, but they absolutely deserve a fair trial in all of this.

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  12. Chokey Chicken

They'll get a trial, and hopefully sooner than later. They better be extradited quick and not after thirty or whatever days. If they're innocent, that's even longer for them to wait. If they're guilty, then the girl has to keep this at the forefront of her mind longer. It's a lose/lose for everyone involved the longer it takes.

Anquished, Ataraxia2320 and bostjan like this.
  13. bostjan

The moment the "losing" occurred was the moment this all started. I fully expect the alternative news to be all over this. I really hope the two women involved in making the accusation manage to remain anonymous.

Ordacleaphobia likes this.
  14. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Two? I thought it was just one? I guess I missed something.

15. farren

farren SS.org Regular

The band has been past-tensed and -2017'd on Wikipedia.

Blytheryn likes this.
  16. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

No one's announced a breakup, so this was probably someone jumping the gun on Wikipedia.

17. farren

farren SS.org Regular

I'm sure. I just found it amusing--whoever made the edit is clearly wrong, but in the long-term, it is probably safe to assume... Wikipedia is very often "right" as to the conclusion before it's actually fact.

18. anomynous

anomynous SS.org Regular

The band did delete all of their social media

19. kamello

kamello DESU METARU!

all valid points, but Secondary Victimization is a real issue, and I've seen it countless times, up from the cases I've had to study, down to beloved friends who have faced the hell that is a rape on itself, and all the shit that it involves later

Hell, here in Chile a little 15 years old girl was drugged, raped and killed a few days ago by a man (around 22 years old) that she met on facebook, and a good ammount of people were insisting that she was responsable of her rape because of ''being a slut''

still, it boggles my mind as how people can't just do...

this

and this

20. Chokey Chicken

The friend who eventually got pulled over is also involved. Allegedly she didn't get the brunt of it, but she was involved and harassed. To the point where she ended up with bruised/scraped knees, again allegedly.

(Using the term "allegedly" so as not to accuse one party or the other, not to cast doubt one way or the other.)

Spaced Out Ace likes this.