Decapitated accused of kidnapping?

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by HeavyMetal4Ever, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Can only power chord

I told myself I wasn't going to post in this thread again, but my god please, spare me.
    For all of the talking points I'm forced to listen to about this reasoning, not once have I ever SEEN, not once have I ever HEARD, not once have I ever even READ about this actually happening. (And before you link me some article complaining about twitter trolls saying mean things on the internet, please take a moment to ask yourself if you're really being intellectually honest here first)
    ESPECIALLY after this phrase has been parroted throughout society consistently throughout the past....what...10 years?

What you're talking about here is likely a perception misconstrued from the treatment the accuser receives during the process, detailed at the end of this quote here. And that part invokes genuine sympathy from me, because that's got to be horrific.
    But at the same time, I wouldn't have it any other way. They NEED to get grilled up and down about every aspect of the event because rape is such a hard thing to prove and it's such a serious allegation. And IF they're guilty, everyone involved ABSOLUTELY wants to lock that sucker up and probably worse. BUT, if they're NOT guilty, they just jumped up to playing through life on hard mode. Because even if that's where it stops, the accusation still follows them. In <CURRENT YEAR>, a large swathe of people aren't satisfied with what the courts come up with. There will be people that still think he did it. Hell, there will be people that still just aren't sure and even that is enough to drastically affect someone's daily life. Not to mention that by the time we've gotten to this point where we even have a verdict, this guy has likely had his car smashed, windows broken, house spray painted, likely been jumped, his family has been harassed, and had been alienated by everyone he knows. Now imagine what happens after we find him guilty, and all of the terrible things that would come with that. Then imagine that happening to someone who was falsely convicted because the prosecution wasn't worked enough, and they got the wrong guy. Doesn't even have to malicious, could have been simple mistaken identity, and this poor sap just wandered into hell.

So yeah. It sucks and I don't envy anyone involved, even the officer that has to do the questioning. But if things get that far, there's no other way around it.
    To me (and likely a lot of you), the only crime to be accused of worse than rape is murder; and think about how seriously we take murder cases. Think about the overwhelming amount of sympathy people feel for the people wrongfully accused of murder.

Again, I'm not really in either camp. I honestly have no opinion on this specific case because I have no facts and thus do not care yet.
    This post is really just to illustrate that just because something is ugly doesn't mean that it doesn't serve a purpose. And because the 'asking for it' thing irritates the absolute shit out of me.

2. brutalwizard

brutalwizard Pretty Your Petunia

So everyones is pumped for nail the mix this month right?

3. Ataraxia2320

Ataraxia2320 SS.org Regular

At the moment its the 60 foot elephant in the room. The NTM guys dont want any discussion on their pages which is understandable but its a weird vibe this month because of it.

No point in letting an amazing mix go to waste though. I mean Daniel Bergstrand had nothing to do with any of the events that happened.

4. Chokey Chicken

Chokey Chicken mouth breather

It's never quite worded so bluntly, but it is often heavily implied. "How much did she drink? Why did she think she was invited on the bus." And let us not forget the precious "you can't rape a guy... How can you maintain a hard on?"

These, among tons of other examples, are ways of saying "they asked for it" without saying it outright. It happens, and I've already read plenty of it in various comment sections about this case. Just throwing that out there.

Anquished and Mathemagician like this.
  5. JohnIce

JohnIce Singlecoils = tr00

6. ArtDecade

ArtDecade Unhindered by Talent

Lots of guys get raped... by other guys with hard-ons, too. Its not always a male/female encounter.

7. Zalbu

Zalbu More time than skill

What goes through a persons mind that makes them enter a thread about a woman that's allegedly been raped to start blubbering about how there's actually people who gets falsely accused of rape as well? :ugh:

Mathemagician, IGC and farren like this.
  8. Ataraxia2320

Ataraxia2320 SS.org Regular

It appears the Decapitated Nail the Mix has been cancelled.

Mixing Future Breed Machine by Meshuggah now instead.

As much as I like Meshuggah its going to be strange to move from a super polished metal production to a production which, although revolutionary for it's time, is not exactly a go to reference for modern engineers.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017 at 2:38 PM
  9. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Ok.
    Well, I don't know how common "people think" it is. Do you?
    Easy, look through the thread and just read how it escalated to that point. Especially with compative language like
    and
    Because some people here were saying they wanted people to withhold judgement, or, in the worst instance I saw, were "cynical."

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  10. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

People don't want their favorite bands to be shitty people.

11. bostjan

Yeah, that too! :lol:

12. Blytheryn

Blytheryn Musical Adam West

Is there actually any news on the situation?

13. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Blytheryn likes this.
  14. Chokey Chicken

Chokey Chicken mouth breather

True but irrelevant to the point I was making. Just because it's not exactly a factor every time doesn't make it a non-factor all the time.

That's also discrediting male on male acts where the victim still gets an erection for whatever reason.

15. Zalbu

...so an example of 3 people is proof that it "happens all the time"? Nope, still don't see how that warrants pulling the attention away from the of victims of actual rape, but hey, keep fighting the good fight.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017 at 3:43 PM
  16. Rawkmann

Rawkmann SS.org Regular

Just because it's something that happens less frequently does that mean it's not worth talking about? This topic is pretty hard to approach, but feeling bad for people who get their lives ruined by false rape accusations doesn't mean the same people don't have sympathy for actual victims of rape whose lives were ruined.

Ordacleaphobia likes this.
  17. Zalbu

No, it's not worth talking about in a thread where a well known band in the metal scene are suspected for kidnapping and group raping a woman. You're free to head on over to the off topic section and create a thread about it where you won't come off as an insensitive mens rights activitst.

18. bostjan

That's clearly not what I said.

I've offered to take this offline, yet here we are in public again, and you just can't help but put words in my mouth for the fifth time now.

Meanwhile you keep going off about how being falsely accused of rape is no big deal, and then ask what would possibly be the agenda of people bringing up the possibility of a false accusation in response to others who assumed the band is guilty.

Man, you are so far in the wrong on this one that I don't even know where to go with this anymore.

Even with as much of a jerk you have been to me in this thread, I truly and deeply hope no one ever brings any sort of false allegations against you. I hope you never lose a job or get expelled from school and have to spend 30 days or more in jail just because some nutty person claims you did something you didn't do. But, whether you say it hapens or not, it happens. Chances are that it won't happen to you, but I can name three people off the top of my head that I know personally who have had exactly that happen to them, and the charges were, in each and every case, proven false. Here in the USA, when it's your word against someone else's word, you have to prove your case, usually from behind bars where you have no freedom to move, no one on your side, and no one in law enforcement advocating for you, so, odds are, if you end up in that situation, you will be unable to do anything to defend yourself. But I hope it never happens to you, regardless of what you think of me.

19. bostjan

Since when is the goal not equal rights for men and women?!

Hogie34 likes this.