Decapitated accused of kidnapping?

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by HeavyMetal4Ever, Sep 10, 2017.

1. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

Was just about to suggest this.

2. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

If you read follow-up posts from that guy, I think he just blundered into the thread and didn't mean what his first post looked like. Either way, he's been bashed enough!

Overtone and lewis like this.
  3. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Can only power chord

I don't understand why this thread contains 3 pages of talk trying to figure out who 'deserves' the benefit of the doubt.
    They're allegations. Not convictions. Until there's evidence or a ruling one way or another, as far as my nihilistic ass is concerned, both parties can get bent. After evidence is found or a conviction is put through, then we know the truth and can crucify accordingly.

I never understood why people get so invested in cases like this they aren't involved in, to the point where they already have their mind made up on what's true or not. Half you guys are saying "I'm holding off on my judgement but-" and it's clear you already decided whether or not they did it.

Sure bands do awful things (l0l hi Varg). Sure people also make up BS to get people in court.
    And, more importantly, there is also a metric shit-ton of grey area in between, any combination of which is likely to be at play here.
    Which is why the legal system exists in the way that it does.
    So that nothing happens until we go through the process and know what went down.

I don't think the band picked this chick up and got graphic with her. Because that'd be beyond stupid.
    I also don't think this chick just decided she was going to ruin these guys for no reason. Because that'd be ridiculous.
    The band does not deserve my support just because they're a metal band. For what it's worth, I could give a damn about Decapitated.
    The woman does not deserve my support just because she's a woman. This does not mean I doubt her claims, this means that I don't intrinsically believe them just because she pressed them.
    You guys, and I, should just sit back and watch as the chaos unfolds.

4. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

This is well said, and this point at the bottom is what I was trying to suggest earlier in my heavy handed, poorly worded post.

Im just watching now as you say

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  5. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

You better be careful. The "All men are rapists! #YesAllMen" gang are watching and waiting.

Phantom, Sogradde and lewis like this.
  6. Spaced Out Ace

Anyone that'd believe that doesn't have much of a brain to begin with. Then again, we're talking about Americans, who generally don't look into things for themselves, and just believe whatever soundbyte the moron on TV/radio tells them.

Ebony likes this.
  7. Spaced Out Ace

I think he meant if they didn't do it. Then again, you seem pretty adamant to crucify them already.

Phantom and Ebony like this.
  8. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

:rofl:

exo likes this.
  9. Spaced Out Ace

Ola tried to fight people while drunk after jumping up on a table? Not sure if that's sad and pathetic or incredibly funny. Maybe both?

10. Spaced Out Ace

I love my horror films, you know, because I'm a hateful, misogynist. Obviously the ONLY reason someone would enjoy a horror film.

This is sarcasm for anyone who's turned their brain off or turned it into a bedpan.

Phantom, ArtDecade and oracles like this.
  11. Spaced Out Ace

Referring solely to Varg's murder of Euronymous, and not his personal beliefs as well as other shit, I think it's unfair to include his name in this. Apparently his lawyer fucked him, and it's in police reports from people within the scene that it was pretty common knowledge that Euronymous planned to take him out to the woods, tie him up, torture him, and kill him. The judge, apparently, ruled that basically that, "Yes, that's true, but there's no way he could have known that, so let's give him twenty years" or whatever his sentencing was.

As for the rest of the shit Varg he has done, that's his bullshit to answer for.

EDIT: Oh, and the rest: I almost forgot, but I agree with the rest of what you said, pretty much.

12. exo

exo SS.org Regular

Everyone wants to vilify someone in this situation......but it's ALSO entirely possible the no-one involved was in a state to give legal consent to anything.

If she's too fucked up to say "no", but WANTS to in her head,and he's to fucked up to understand how fucked up she is and that she's not into it, where does the fault lie from a legal perspective? What if it's just a super shitty, terrible situation where NO-ONE was in any state to give consent?

It's also equally possible that someone in the situation is just absolute scum of the earth.

Point is we don't know, yet we always rush to vilify SOMEONE when a story like this comes out.....and it's why I feel like we all sorta need to sit down, shut up, and let the legal process and evidence reveal what it will before we start judging a situation.......

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    TedEH, vilk and lewis like this.
  13. Sogradde

Sogradde SS.org Regular

When both parties were unable to give consent, judges (at least in the US) tend to rule in favour of women though, because reasons. Let's not pretend the system is fair right now as women can basically go about accusing everyone of raping them without ever having to face serious repercussions. I remember a quite recent case where a woman accused 12 or 13 different people of raping her over the course of a couple of years. All of those cases were made up and she ended up getting a slap on the wrist.

It's also quite reasonable that people tend to be empathetic towards the party that they can identify with the most - in this case males - that's psychology 101. This is also the reason why nearly everyone int his thread, including the people who claim the moral high ground, feel bad about terrorist attacks in the west, while they just shrug over 50 gazillion dead kids in africa.

vilk, Ebony, lewis and 1 other person like this.
  14. exo

exo SS.org Regular

Well, I don't really identify with either party, since I've been with my wife for 24 years in December, and wouldn't even entertain the idea of dropping my zipper for anyone else. Maybe THAT is where my bias lies in this case.

It's a fucked up situation no matter HOW you look at it, and I'm just another person trying to make sense of a situation that DOESN'T.

15. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

Don't say that about your situation, man. One can always get back in the game.

prlgmnr, GraemeH, Ebony and 1 other person like this.
  16. Spaced Out Ace

I think you misunderstood. :lol:

exo likes this.
  17. exo

exo SS.org Regular

Dude....you're a dick. An entertaining one......but a dick nonetheless:lol::lol::lol:

18. JohnIce

JohnIce Singlecoils = tr00

Off-topic, but just to be clear it wasn't Ola :lol: I've bumped into him too but he's always been a sweetheart, I don't see him being that kind of guy. Either way, I was just using that particular event as one example to show that being well respected doesn't automatically build character or humility. I absolutely wasn't trying to call anyone in particular out, it's not what I come to this forum for.

19. wankerness

I didn't say ANYTHING about listening, and I'm only referring to a subset of those kinds of lyrics. So, the same straw-grasping can apply to trying to blow the statement back up the other way!

With horror movies, it's the same deal. There are thousands of movies about murder and rape that don't set off any alarms. It's my preferred genre! It's the handful of ones like New York Ripper that I think really do reflect on the writer/director that I'd compare.

20. wankerness

Give me a break. Ive been called out as a victim blamer on sites like that (ex, the AV club).

EDIT: To specify, it's because I get pissed when there are public allegations with literally no evidence and sometimes not even AN ACCUSER (ex, look up stuff about Louis CK) and everyone immediately pillories them for being guilty. The Louis CK thing is especially ridiculous since the only person EVER quoted on him being a sexual assaulter VERY SPECIFICALLY SAID that she wasn't talking about him, and everyone was like "of course she'd say that! He's famous!!!" Ridiculous. A case like this with plenty of physical evidence is a different matter entirely.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017