Darkglass Offical B7K & Vintage Deluxe Ultra PLUG-IN!

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by TheEmptyCell, Apr 11, 2018.

1. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Dingwall Player

Masoo2 likes this.
  2. justinjcm900

justinjcm900 SS.org Regular

Very interesting! I will check this out as well, thanks for the heads up

Justin

3. faloppa

faloppa SS.org Regular

Interesting... I'm trying to download the demo but seems to be a problem with the website... or it's maybe my browser idk.

4. justinjcm900

justinjcm900 SS.org Regular

Maybe it isn' work yet? To be honest I'm surprised that their hasn' been a massive announcement about this because there will be a lot of people ready to jump on this but it seems barely anyone knows ar the moment.. .

Justin

5. Masoo2

Masoo2 SS.org Regular

Been checking it out over the past hour, they updated the website slightly and added a shop link iirc.

I dig it but I feel like I'm not utilizing it to it's fullest extent because of my crappy DI signal (Focusrite 2i4) and bass that's in desperate need of new strings and setup (Stingray 5HH).

It has been the plugin to get me the quickest to a tone I like though, even without other plugins before/after. The Obsidian 7000 in Helix is close but this just takes the cake.

Didn't jive with the vintage mode though, at all.

6. faloppa

faloppa SS.org Regular

I downloaded it and I realized it needs an ilok account lol, so not interested at all

Flappydoodle likes this.
  7. narad

narad SS.org Regular

Is that true? The FAQ seemed to indicate it could be used with or without ilok. I found that confusing but I'm probably not going to give it a try anyway.

8. faloppa

faloppa SS.org Regular

When I opened Reaper after installing the vst, Reaper warned me that without ilok installed I won't be able to run it, so apparently yes...

9. Masoo2

Masoo2 SS.org Regular

Yeah, I had to dig up my old iLok account for it

It's a lot of work just for a plugin trial, but I'd still recommend at least giving it a shot. It's not every day you see something like this hit the plugin market.

10. brutalwizard

brutalwizard Pretty Your Petunia

I would by a hardware darkglass before i fall for an ilok trap. They dont even work against piracy, i dont understand the point lol.

Flappydoodle likes this.
  11. AliceLG

AliceLG \m/^_^\m/

I think I have an iLok account from when I first bought POD Farm 2 about 9 years ago. I guess I'll have to dig it up to try this.

12. JEngelking

JEngelking Gravity is Shifting!

Got a copy of the demo, definitely gonna try it ASAP. $99 is a good deal if those holds up to the real deal IMO.

13. AliceLG

AliceLG \m/^_^\m/

Tried it on Saturday and Sunday. I say GODDAMN!

I had my fretless sounding like I've always wanted it to sound within 2 minutes of playing with the plugin. It's taken me years to fine tune my POD Farm preset and it still doesn't get quite there. I'm trying to find a B7K Ultra to try but it seems I'll have to go all the way to Hamburg this Saturday.

14. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

Because this has iLok, I won't be buying.

Otherwise, I 100% would have bought. $99 for a virtual copy of the pedal is fantastic, and I would have instantly bought.

15. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger Contributor

You only need the iLok Licence Manager and not the physical USB stick to activate your licence. Samples so far sound great. I've always struggled getting a good bass tone so I'lld definitely be getting this.

brutalwizard likes this.
  16. JEngelking

JEngelking Gravity is Shifting!

What's everyone been using on their FX chain with this? I'm just running my bass into my POD HD and using that as my interface as I usually do, but using the same B7K settings as some of the demos I've watched mine doesn't sound quite as powerful. I tried tossing a compressor in front which helped a bit, although it could be my bass as well. Either way, I'll probably end up picking this up, seems like a great deal so far. :yesway:

17. Matt Ress

Matt Ress SS.org Regular

Ugh, iLok thing put me off. I even tried downloading this Licence Manager software but it seems so heavy and sluggish. Instant uninstall.

18. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

It works, but I still had to register for iLok, install some shitty "management" software on my computer etc. The iLok software looks like it was designed in 2008, needed my full name and address. It also runs super slow, and as a bonus, now it pops up some shit every single time I open Logic, yay!

Also, on my Mac, it installed itself into the wrong folder, called "plug-ins", not "plugins". Took my ages to figure out why Logic wasn't detecting it after I installed.

The pedal plugin itself is decent. Sounds pretty good, but I'm not convinced it's really better than the free TSE Audio BOD (Sansamp model). Unless I can get something special from it, I'll probably uninstall everything. It's not worth the hassle of having all this junk on my computer.

And for the record, I have no problem paying for software - Logic, FabFilter plugins, TSE, Guitar Rig, Amplitube etc. €99 for a great pedal plugin is an easy purchase for me, but not if I have to jump through, and tolerate, a bunch of crap to get it working.

Matt Ress likes this.