Computer for recording in 2018

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by eayottes, Jun 2, 2018.

1. JustinRhoads1980

JustinRhoads1980 SS.org Regular

Exactly, you don't have to spend $4000, the most would prob be $1500-$1800 on the PC (maybe less, depending on what you are putting in there) and it can do a fine job for what the OP wants

2. eayottes

eayottes SS.org Regular

I've built myself a gaming PC but decided to go with an iMac for music recording (which was almost given to me by a friend, i.e. sold at a ridiculously low price). I'd probably still go with a MAC even if I didn't have that chance, mainly due to driver issues restricting the choices of USB/Thunderbolt audio interfaces available for Win10.

Rawkmann and Mathemagician like this.
  3. Lukhas

Lukhas SS.org Regular

Oh Thunderbolt... Oh Intel... I hardly couldn't dislike Intel more. I recognize the power of Thunderbolt and how great USB-C can be, but goodness gracious I wouldn't want to buy Intel today unless I really had to. To be fair most companies that enjoy a leading position and/or a very dedicated fanbase on a market tend to go as far as they can to make every penny possible, but I'm not going to pretend I'm happy about it, even as a PC gamer. Now combine Intel and Apple for maximum enjoyment. :noplease: