Codex Omega

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Hellbound, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Hellbound

Hellbound €£¥€£¥€£¥€£•

I am a little late on this but I finally purchased "Codex Omega" from Septicflesh and honestly this is one of the best albums I have bought in years! I have been jamming to the whole album in my truck with the volume on max and man there is not a bad song. I do however love track 9 "The Gospels of Fear" which is definitely my favorite oh my God that brutal opening to the song...makes me speed every time it kicks in. I do get some serious stares in my city as I am driving to this album but I do not care...I only turn down the volume if I see a cop because I will definitely get a ticket for noise violation.
    I absolutely love "the Great Mass" by them as well in fact it was the song "the Vampire From Nazareth" that got me into them. I have their older stuff as well and love it all however I skipped over "Titan"...from what I have heard it just sounds generic and well...boring...should I order this album anyways? I do notice that when listening to an album on a good system it really brings the music out in a great way.

This is hands down one hell of an album that I love and I want it to be known. :evil:

feraledge and Edika like this.
  2. Nights_Blood

Nights_Blood Fire and Brimstone

Codex Omega is certainly great, I definitely like it better than Titan. I may be in the minority of SF fans, but Communion is hands down my favorite. Give that one a listen if you haven't yet.

3. Ataraxia2320

Ataraxia2320 SS.org Regular

The band got infinitely better when they added Krimh to the fold.

Yeah that's gonna be a super controversial one but it's honestly the way I see it. This album is bonkers, the production too.

4. Angel0fshreD

Angel0fshreD shredaholic

Saw them live in April for the first time!
    Great live and Codex Omega is the best album!

5. BusinessMan

BusinessMan SS.org Regular

Communion is my favorite album of theirs. The intro on Sangreal is unreal

6. Hellbound

Hellbound €£¥€£¥€£¥€£•

Yep I own Communion as well and love it...but have listened to it too much. I am still debating purchasing "Titan".

7. feraledge

feraledge Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?

Titan is great. I think Communion has great songs, but I felt the album kind of lost steam.
    According to Itunes, I've listened to Titan the most, though Codex is pretty close even though it's newer.
    I'm not bashing Krimh, but Fotis is a goddamn beast. The drums make Five-Pointed Star one of my all time favorite SF tracks: