Billy Corgan, A Reasonable Man

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by feraledge, Oct 10, 2017.

1. prlgmnr

prlgmnr ...that kind of idea

It's not his main strat it's his SECOND strat.

2. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Well.........

I agree with what you say, but I don't think any of Corgan's guitars are THAT iconic. I don't mean to knock his guitar playing at all by saying this, but he's more well known as a singer than as a guitarist. A million bucks (minus a dollar) for his second-most well-known guitar (I mean, is it, even, though? I think his '74 Strat with the ghosts on it is best known, but he's used a plethora of beat up old sticker-coated strats other than that one in his videos and television appearances). It's definitely not going to make anyone's list of "most iconic guitars" along side SRV's strat, BB King's ES335, Angus Young's SG, Randy Rhoads's Flying V, Prince's cloud guitar, etc. Say Stevie Ray Vaugn, and everyone immediately pictures him with that guitar, say "Billy Corgan's Strat," and I think "which one;" say, "the beat up one with stickers all over it," and I say, "which one?!" Even when you say "Adam Jones from Tool," I immediately picture him with the silverburst LP.

So I bet he'll sell the guitar for a lot less than he's asking, and I'm sure he'll still get a lot of money for it.

3. vilk

vilk Very Regular

Maybe it's only me but the first guitar that comes to my mind is the Billy Corgan Signature Stratocaster :lol:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  4. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

One of AJ's silverburst LPs would more than likely go for a couple of hundred grand. Some would argue that re-started the silverburst "movement' in the 2000's, and Tool has some VERY dedicated fans. AJ's Les Paul is a pretty big icon in modern hard rock/prog rock/prog metal.

As bostjan said before, Billy Corgan has used so many guitars. But AJ is known for using one; a Silverburst LP. Sure, he's used some other Les Pauls VERY rarely and the occasional SG, but for 99.9% of everything he's done, it's a silverburst.

5. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Honestly, as huge of a fan of some of his music as I am (primarily everything up to Machina... Machina 2 if you count it), I don't think of a specific guitar when I think of Corgan. I feel like I've seen him play everything from Strats to V's, hell, I'm pretty sure I saw him with an RG around the Adore period.

6. lelandbowman3

lelandbowman3 SS.org Regular

all of the posts... "Owned By Billy Corgan"