Architects new single - Doomsday

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by kamello, Sep 6, 2017.

1. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

am i the only one who wants Josh to start laying down vocals with sam in the band?, even if just in a backing vocal capacity?.

I noticed he does a few live now with them. Lets hope some make it onto their new album. Josh and Sam in the same band now, laying down some dual vocals etc, could be something very very special.

Corusal and kamello like this.
  2. MrYakob

MrYakob SS.org Regular

I believe that the band has gone on record saying that this is just a one off that Tom had been working on and that they don't have an album ready to go along with it

3. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

I watched an interview with Tom and Dan from reading, where Tom stated they had LOADS of new material. Apparently almost too much and now they have to cut the fat and get a batch of songs together that are all of their high standards.

so they probably have enough for a new album but obviously nothing is recorded or produced yet.
    I do hope they use Nolly again for the full release though. (I presumed Doomsday was going to be the next album name as Ive seen merch drop and artwork etc all attached to that name)

4. Jake

Jake GAS Master Contributor

NYC date seems like it'll be the one. I'd do Philly or Baltimore but I'm getting back from Vermont that week and don't want to have to take any more time off work.

5. Corusal

Corusal SS.org Regular

I'm not sure how they could integrate Joshs vocals to work for Architects. Not to say that Josh isn't a great vocalist, but IMO Sams vocals are a big part of what makes Architects what they are. Though I can totally get behind Josh doing backing vocals, since I do love me some good harmonies.

But then again, it's not like I'm not open to change and if the guys want to try/do that, then more power to them! :D

Ordacleaphobia and lewis like this.
  6. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

have you seen any recent live footage of Josh doing the odd backing vocal?
    It sounds brilliant. His lows under Sams melodic highs in places works great.
    I dont mean Josh doing whole verse sections himself etc like a proper two vocalist band would, i do just mean backing vocals.

I would be completely open to the idea too. Lets see what happens when they drop their next record ;)

Corusal likes this.
  7. Corusal

Corusal SS.org Regular

To be honest the only thing I've seen of Architects with Josh is the Doomsday video. :oops: But I'll definitly check it out! Any specific video you would recommend? :)
    Ah okay, gotcha!;)

lewis likes this.
  8. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

this crowd filmed leeds show is good :) -