Anyone heard of Black Diamond Guitars?

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by Itchyman, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Itchyman

Itchyman SS.org Regular

I found them on eBay, when I searched for "Ken Lawrence Explorer" for teh lolz. Apparently you can have a replica of James Hetfield's KL without the vine inlay for under $2000USD.

I kind of want, but looking for some more input on these guys before committing to anything :agreed:

2. Vicious7

Vicious7 Vegetables

I figure for that price you're better off getting a custom from a company you do know about. I can't seem to get their website to load anything without it crashing my browser so I know nothing extra about them....

3. Nautilus

Nautilus Lefty supremacist

always be careful and make sure that you're in SOME way covered with a returns/guarantee document if you do decide to buy. If you don't feel the quality of the guitar is up to scratch once you've received it...I believe you have the right the do something about it!

Unfortunately I know from experience that buying without any purchaser's protection is a big mistake. Cost me around USD$3000 to learn it myself.

4. Navid

Navid Chicken Kicker

The hard way.

5. Mark_McQ

Mark_McQ SS.org Regular

Hopefully their guitars are better than their website. That thing is an abomination. I feel like I should be viewing it in Netscape.

6. Itchyman

Itchyman SS.org Regular

I'll let you know how it goes - I decided to go for it. Hopefully its ready by Christmas :D

7. Itchyman

Itchyman SS.org Regular

So I've gotten a few updates on the guitar so far. Here's some pics he's sent me:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's almost done - coats of nitro being applied as we speak.

PS
    I also have a real Ken Lawrence being made.. it just takes too long lol

8. jgaul79

jgaul79 SS.org Regular

I ran across this guys guitars on ebay before. I agree, his website is very painful to view. I thought about contacting him about building me something only for the fact that he is 20 minutes away from where I live. I'll be looking forward to a review to see if his guitars are worth the prices that he puts them out for.

9. Itchyman

Itchyman SS.org Regular

I'm waiting to see how it plays against my Ibanez Prestige. I'm sure it'll sound better (I consider basswood shit tier lol)