Anyone ever tried the Blackstar TVPs?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Vince Caruana, Oct 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Vince Caruana

Vince Caruana Vinsanity

Thinking on getting a 2x12 120 watt, it's solid state. I'm looking for a good amp where I can control my clean and dirty channels seperately. I just need it to sound great at bedroom and jam levels, not planning to gig. How are the clean and metal tones on these? They sound beastly for the money. I've been playing a peavey vypyr but that amp is getting stale. I Def need an amp to sound great at bedroom volumes.

2. Bentaycanada

Bentaycanada SS.org Regular

I haven't played one, but I have heard the Blackstar TVP amps are about as good as the digital amps get. I can imagine it will be much better than your current Peavey.

Vince Caruana likes this.
  3. longi

longi SS.org Regular

I had the TVP15 for a couple of years. I reluctantly sold it as I have a new child on the way I loved it. I miss it quite a bit in fact... Its just a shame it doesn't have an effects loop in it, that would really set it off.

4. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

I had the tvp100 head. Used it to play Bloodstock festival in the UK.

Sounded monsterous through a wall of Blackstar cabs/Mic'd up through a festival P.A

All effects you could want and the turning off or on the efx loop via the software was cool.

The footswitch being extra is a rip off for the heads though. That should come with the amp.

But yeah sounded good.
    I much prefer my axe and kemper now obviously, but it was a fun amp