A long shot, but do any PC gamers here play Escape From Tarkov?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by QuantumCybin, Jun 14, 2018.

1. QuantumCybin

QuantumCybin Lost In Thought

Been playing it for a couple weeks, I fucking love it. It's right up my alley. Probably one of the most punishing and realistic shooters I've ever played.

TheKindred likes this.
  2. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire git gud scrub

I've been looking to get into it

QuantumCybin likes this.
  3. QuantumCybin

I really enjoy it; the learning curve is immense but I’m used to that having played games like Eve Online or CataclysmDDA. The guns feel fantastic and the modding system for weapons is ridiculously in depth.

4. TheKindred

TheKindred TimeTravel Innovator

i'm super edging on picking this up. Everyone either says it's still pretty broken, or it's the greatest thing ever made.

How is it for the glitching/bugs right now? Worth diving in or just wait for the Open Beta to come around?

QuantumCybin likes this.
  5. QuantumCybin

So, a LOT of people, particularly people that have already put a ton of time into the game, like hundreds of hours, love to bitch and moan on the forums and Reddit about how Tarkov is "broken" and "riddled with hackers". Realistically, they're just burnt out and are playing the game way too much. There are hackers, but honestly, they are few and far between. I always run with Shadowplay on, and any time I've thought "hmm, maybe this really was a hacker", I go back and check the footage and I always spot where the guy was shooting from. Since there's no killcam or anything like that, I think salty people just impulsively shout out "hacker! hacker!" when really they just made a mistake.

The game is PUNISHING, though, and it is a bit grindy to get access to some of the better weapons and gear; however, outthinking and outplaying your opponent will normally end up with you getting the kill and all of their sweet gear. I went balls deep and bought the "Edge of Darkness" edition (literally the most I've ever spent on a game, around $150 USD lol) because I researched the game for about a month before deciding to buy it, and the EOD edition gives you an ungodly stash size. If you're into games that reward the time you put in and require very slow, tactical thinking, I think you'd like the game. Just be prepared to get your ass handed to you hundreds of times before you start getting used to it :lol:

TheKindred and kylendm like this.
  6. TheKindred

TheKindred TimeTravel Innovator

Balls deep on this now. This game is my virtual crack. Just so fucking good.

Just....so. fucking. good.

QuantumCybin likes this.
  7. QuantumCybin

So glad to hear that, man. I think the reason this game is going to do well is that at the end of the day, the core of the game, the shooting, is so well-designed and it just feels spectacular. I can't wait for the next few months to a year as they add The Hideout and link all of the maps to create the open world. Once Tarkov lets you move from map to map and you actually have your own customizable place to hang out and store all your shit, it's going to be even more rewarding to walk out with loot.

Plus, it's going to give real weight to the medical system. Getting injured will be a lot more serious when you can't just exit the one map you're on and have it insta-heal you back at the stash. Adding proximity voice chat is also going to be awesome and hopefully encourages more random-team ups, especially among hatchlings/lower geared players.